Which satellite would I point to for HD? Northeast

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bertbarndoor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Hi, I live in the extreme North east of the USA, close to Ottawa Canada :eek:

Just wondering which satellite I would point to if I want the HD Platinum package? I've been told I only need one dish. Which model?

Thanks,

Rob

Iceberg said:
for DirecTV you would use a Phase III dish which is aimed at 101, 110, 119

Can I assume that if I get the new 5 LNB dish that it will still point in that direction>?

bertbarndoor said:
Can I assume that if I get the new 5 LNB dish that it will still point in that direction>?

Almost exactly the same. The 3 lnb dish points at the 110 satellite, whereas the 5 lnb dish points at the 101 satellite.

raoul5788 said:
Almost exactly the same. The 3 lnb dish points at the 110 satellite, whereas the 5 lnb dish points at the 101 satellite.

I used the tool at Sadoun to calculate for 101 D* bird. So, for the 5LNB AT9 Dish, the coordinates for Ottawa (at 45° 19' N & 75° 40' W) are:

32.1 Elevation
228.1 Azimuth (compass reading w/ magnetic north taken into account [+14 degrees])
23.2 Skew (counterclockwise)

Is that correct??? Thanks! :confused:

raoul5788 said:
? excuse me, don't they both point at all 3 birds?

SATMAN IN MEMPHIS said:
? excuse me, don't they both point at all 3 birds?

They both receive 101,110, and 119, but the 3 lnb dish actually points at 110, whereas the AT9 points at 101.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts