Which Slingbox?

I would make sure the receiver is a DVR and a dual tuner also in your brothers house one of the least used. avoids conflicts and gives you full functions. Also your brother and your self always use the best internet connection possible this gives you best picture and so on. I have a HD solo and an adapter solo is by far the best pic quality> Have a friend in Germany Air- Force. Watches football. NFL. I will record for him he can watch the games when his schedule permits. Or stay up to see it live. He uses a large monitor or hooks up a VGA cable to his big screen, those options are up to you. Have fun. :)

flyguyj said:
Hey dudes! If anyone is still paying attention to this thread, I'm in the same pickle! I just found out I'm going to be stationed in Italy for the next 3 years, starting in October. We're excited about it, but don't like the idea of missing out on football (note I didn't say futbol)!!!

I currently have a 612 and a 211k, and my contract is up in January. I don't have a reason NOT to re-up my contract, and I'm trying to decide basically the same thing, just under a huge time-crunch without the luxury of spare time to research for hours and hours.

So I'm basically asking those of you who are more educated on all this than I am, what do I do:

1. Keep the 612 and get a SlingBox Pro HD
2. Upgrade to a 722 and get a Sling Adapter
3. Upgrade to a 722 and get a SlignBox Pro HD
4. Upgrade to a 922 and just use the built-in SlingLoaded feature

I've been trying to do my own homework, but there are SO many mixed emotions and die-hard supporters of each of the above camps! Please help a brother out! Also, if you know if Italy's internet is worth a crap, that would be good to know too! Haven't found a bunch of good info about Italian internet quality (at least in English) ...

Have u checked the web site for the base u will be on for info on internet availability both on and off base. One of the reasons there are so many internet cafes in Europe is the cost to the individual to have a connection in their home. You may find that it is is very expensive.
Im sure u aren't the first to do this but I would check on the legalities of streaming us tv outside the us just so u know.
As always your best info would come from someone that is there or just returned.

Good luck

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Budda - That's exactly what I'm doing ... trying to get some Purdue football from Aviano Air Base in Italy!

R0ss - The base website is pretty bad. Not much info for newcomers. I've been trying to research internet availability online, but (surprisingly) the only promising leads are in Italian! =) I used Google's translate feature, and it sounds like I should have some pretty decent internet available in the area. I've also thought about the legalities. Haven't looked into them, but I know a lot of my buds stationed in Korea are using a Sling setup of some sort.

Guys, I'm truly greatful for all the genuine help and replies I've gotten!! My wife and I are pretty pumped that we just might be able to keep up with some Purdue (and I guess her Aggies, too) ball!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts