Which switch is necessary for 5 satellite locations?

Sharper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
I'm currently setup with 61.5, 110, 119 and 148 and a DP44. When I "upgrade" my 921 for $99, it sounds like I might have to pay the $99 if I need a DISH 1000 or not (if anyone has any official info on that, I'd appreciate it).
So that said, if I have to pay for it anyway, I'd just as soon have 129 as well, without dropping the hardware I've already paid for. 61.5 from my location out west isn't always the best, but it's been useful to have.
My question for the experienced technicians out there, is what would E* need to replace my DP44 with to make 5 locations work? For obvious reasons, I'd like to have all the information straight in my mind before attempting to get a CSR to get it right come April 1st. I certainly don't want to pay them $99 just to repoint a dish for me. I'd do that myself.
I know there are some mad scientist threads out there with every orbital location they have, but I'm looking for more of a conventional install that Dish might actually send someone out to provide.

If you want 5 satellites you will need a DPP44 and a DP21 (one DP21 for each receiver you want to have 5). The receivers of course have to be DP receivers. Then you feed the output of the DPP44 to an input of the DP21, and you feed the 5th satellite to the other end of the DP21. Then you feed the output of the DP21 to your receiver.

Note:

1. Most LNBs only have 2 outputs so it is not easy to go beyond 2 receivers getting 5 satellites.

2. The power inserter for the DPP44 cannot feed into the DP21, so you need to feed the DPP44 on line one and use it for a receiver that does not need 5 satellites.

Yes, the "point" of course would be LIL HD on 129, and any other new HD that ends up on 129 and isn't completely mirrored on 61.5

BFG said:
he doesn't need both 61.5 and 129, just pick 1.
True, but Mike's post is correct, and useful for some folks - just think 121 instead of 129. ;)

Note that you CAN, if really necessary, feed FOUR DP21s off of a DP Dual by using and pair of DP Splitters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts