Which type of switches do I need and how?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ADP

Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
Hi,

Using a T90 dish, if I have about 9 different satellites with dual LNBs:
a) Which switches will I need for 3 receivers?
b) How would I set them up (sequence)?

Anyone care to assist me with that? and how should I set them up?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Well I don't have anything like that, but if you visit the FTA faqs above, you will find a switch tutorial which would lead you to some sort of arrangement like this.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=24279&d=1209624732
You could add one more multi-switch and replace the 4X1 switches with 8X1 uncommitted switches*

*receivers need to support DiSEqC 1.1

Last edited:
1) So for the link you provided, the receiver does NOT need to support diseqc 1.1 but if I change to a 8x1 Diseqc then the receiver does need to support diseqc 1.1? Is this what you are saying?

2) I read that there is a possibility to use the motor option to still use to mimic diseqc 1.1. Do you know about this method? Not sure how as I probably need to find the thread that states the steps to follow.

what receivers model?

9 LNB's to 3 receivers is a piece of cake...as long as the receiver supports Diseqc 1.1

Once we know if it can support it we can give some good diagrams or explanations

i know emp centauri makes a 17 x 8 powered switch.... 17 in 8 out... im sure its not cheep tho

I will more than likely have 3 receivers as I have parents living in an apartment below us plus I have kids (2 TVs presently). All LNBs are DUAL

Some receivers have 1.1 support, some don't. So I guess I need to know all the options available. I read somewhere someone used the motor option since they didn't have 1.1 support?

Last edited:
1) So for the link you provided, the receiver does NOT need to support diseqc 1.1 but if I change to a 8x1 Diseqc then the receiver does need to support diseqc 1.1? Is this what you are saying?

2) I read that there is a possibility to use the motor option to still use to mimic diseqc 1.1. Do you know about this method? Not sure how as I probably need to find the thread that states the steps to follow.

1) YES
2) Depending on the capabilities of the receivers you can combine different DiSEqC protocols,motors and switches, you just cant stack the same protocol in a setup.(use 2 of the same kind of switch in series)

For the receivers that don't support DiSEqC 1.1 use a 4x1 switch and drop one of the satellites for an option. Motorized dishes can't share motor control among multiple receivers.

what model of receiver? Its much easier for you to tell us what you have versus us playing the guessing game
also what sats are ya aimed at? Just wondering.:)

The EMP Centauri 8x1 can be used with a receiver that can't do 1.1, by mimicking motor positions. Here is the review I did of the switch:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/90581-emp-centauri-8-x-1-goto.html

Thanks guys ....

To make things simpler to start it off I'm going to do 8 satellites with several receivers. The setup is exactly as indicated by "Magic Static" above. I already started on it and the switching seems to be OK for the most part. I think I have a switch that isn't working on one of the Diseqc switch ports (#4) though. Will get a replacement and try that out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)