Who are the Fatties?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
Who are the 3 fat people on the thumbnail art used for recordings of the Match Game 1970's version on GSN? They changed the art from the simple "Match Game" in lights (from when the show went syndication only until the death of the show) to the 3 fat people who I have NO IDEA who they are or if they even relate to Match Game. Can anyone solve this great mystery? Oh, and this is just the latest in mess-ups with the guide and thumbnail art for recordings Dish has been providing all of us!

Reactions: dishdude
I don't have a clue....
IMG_0155.JPG

Reactions: DWS44
Yep...ya got me, too. Clearly a newer photo than the old show and doesn't look like anyone on the newer version either.

I have that picture on my TIVO for Match Game, I have no idea who they are. If they are "Stars" who appear or will on the new Match Game, the show is in trouble. :)

The new To Tell the Truth has some second or maybe third tier celebrities mixed in with much more well know actual stars but at least I know even those third tier ones.

And now the 8AM and 8:30 AM ET (5AM-6AM PT) airings on GSN of the OLD 1970's version are now taggeds as NEW with the GSN air date also shown as the First Aired date, while the 1PM-2PM ET (10AM-11AM PT) airings are NOT tagged as NEW and have the old info. This is STUPID. While this is not as bad as other EPG/timer messes, it sure is confusing and I don't like looking at the 2 fatties and one skinny. Would be nice if FIXED.

Gosh, there are SO MANY obvious ERRORS. Who is doing all this incompitent work at Gracenote? Do they even know ANYTHING about television and the nuances of differences? They probaly have some child intern doing all the work that nobody wants to do, so then we get STUPID errors. They need to hire one or two FULL-TIME people who have good knowledge of TV and movies and pay them WELL for it to keep the metadata accurate, which increases the value of what Gracenote or Rovi (TiVo) has to offer its clients.

As for the new Alec Baldwin version on ABC, I hope it dies because I can't stand Alec Baldwin's no-talent persona who won Best Actor Comedy Emmys for the always unfunny and too inside psudo-comedy 30 Rock based upon his ability to crawl up show business colons (voters) and proudly exhibiting his brown nose to show for it. So many other better actors. He is an irritating persence. I never even botherd watchig the latest version because of it and how all the subsequent 1970's versions try too hard to be outragous and silly with too much planning and effort in a feeble attempt to re-create the magic chemistry and real-life irritants of the 1970's version that led to truly spontaneous flare-ups, insults, and jokes using real-life tension among the 3 regulars for inspiration of comedic effect, while Gene always facilitated it, but also maintained control and moved things along.

Last edited:
Reactions: papachops
I have that picture on my TIVO for Match Game, I have no idea who they are. If they are "Stars" who appear or will on the new Match Game, the show is in trouble. :)

The new To Tell the Truth has some second or maybe third tier celebrities mixed in with much more well know actual stars but at least I know even those third tier ones.
HOLY %#*&!!! Does that mean Dish is using Rovi (now TiVo) metadata and art? I would find it highly unlikely that both TiVo metadata and Gracenote metadata would both use the SAME WRONG artwork. Heaven Help Us ALL!!!! I also can get Match Game (1970's (different episodes) via OTA on Buzzer using my TiVo (and OTA via Hopper), and I'll have to set a recording for Buzzer to see what thumbnail art shows up.

I have noticed that on one day there is no Gracenote copyright notice and LOUSY info data. Then on the next day, the Gracenote copyright is returned with better INFO data. I Can't figure it out.

Charlie, don't do a Yahoo! and greatly decrease the value of Dish to your preumed buyer with lousy metadata. Or is the plan to force people off of Dish and on to competitors, like his presumed 90% stake in SlingTV? :).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)