Who are your team's All-Stars?

The Dodgers don't have anyone that really stands out as performing the best at a position. In fact many of their players are having some of their worst years ever (Loney by power and average, Fucal, Martin, Ethier by average).
And don't forget...for whatever reason Dodger fans are not known for stuffing the All-Star ballot boxes historically. That always amazed me.[/QUOTE]

That is amazing. Don't they average over 3M in attendance?

Paul,

I've lived here since '88 and every Summer all I hear from the Dodgers TV and radio people is a plea to get out and vote. Rick Monday would go on and on about how difficult it is to get the Dodger fans involved in AS voting.

I dunno...:smug

I always liked Vlady. An old school type player who doesn't wear batting gloves, uses a ton of pine tar and jacks his pant legs up near his knees.

He reminds me of a Dominican Jim Thome.

Gotta love a player who urinates on his hands to condition them for batting glove free hitting.:up:up

Speaking for the Detroit Tigers -

Miguel Cabrera 1B, Brandon Inge 3B, he's having a phenomenal season.
Pitchers Justin Verlander and Edwin Jackson deserve the nod also. Jackson was robbed of at least 3 wins this season by the bullpen. Verlander is throwing as well as anybody in MLB right now.

What about your teams? Who and why.

Thanks for posting this thread and post Paul,
Now I don't have to, I would have typed the exact same words you already did.

I agree 100 %, but only see Verlander going. :(

for your st louis cardinals...... baseball's best player, albert at first. yadier molina catching. charlie manuel im guessing will take chris carpenter as a pitcher. sadly, we should have a few more in the race but they are not playing as they should. glad we are still in first!

for your st louis cardinals...... baseball's best player, albert at first. yadier molina catching. charlie manuel im guessing will take chris carpenter as a pitcher. sadly, we should have a few more in the race but they are not playing as they should. glad we are still in first!

Hey Dantheman,
Glad to see your still here :)
You should jump in more often !!!

Nice 1500th post btw. :)

For the Reds, I'd like to see Joey Votto be selected as a back-up, but he just came off the DL and has only played sporadically since May.

Also, Johnny Cueto could probably make a case for himself to be selected as a pitcher as well!!!...:cool:

I don't have any idea who it would be. Nobody has stood out but the pitchers. Cueto I guess would be it.

For the Reds, I'd like to see Joey Votto be selected as a back-up, but he just came off the DL and has only played sporadically since May.

Also, Johnny Cueto could probably make a case for himself to be selected as a pitcher as well!!!...:cool:

Is Joey getting consistent Playing Time now? Is he back from the DL for good? I know earlier in the season he bounced back and forth.

As for the All-Star game, I think he falls under the same category as Grady Sizemore, in any other year they would be no-brainer All-Stars, but their limited play due to injury will keep them away from the game.

Just went and voted for Kemp, Blake (the rumored juicer :rolleyes: ), Ethier, and Hudson about 200 times each. I know it wont do any good, but at least I can say I voted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)