Who can I raise hell with at Directv?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

klen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 13, 2004
I know with Dish, you can email the ceo if you are not happy, but who do you contact at Directv if you feel you are getting jerked around?

I just signed up, and the csr promised a lot of stuff to me in order to reel me in. I have already called back once to make sure I was getting the deal that I was promised, and they said no I wasn't. They were nice, but they said that the csr should not have promised me what he did. I want the mofo fired. I am that pissed.

My install is Tuesday, and my cc has already been billed. I am prepared to cancel if necessary...

Thanks in advance...

If you don't have the original CSR's name and employee number, plus the day, time when you talked, I am afraid you are out of luck.

All you can do is cancel, as far as I know. Someone may come along with other ideas...

Sorry...

You have to have that info man...what is to stop anyone from calling in and telling them about all the things they were promised. Either get lucky and find a CSR manager that believes you or cancel. They will give you a great deal, but don't expect more than everyone else is getting.

Well CEO Chase Cary would be the equivalent of Charlie Ergin but I don't think he has a public Email address. I agree with the other posters accept what you have for an offer or cancel, you probably have no proof of what you say was offered.

You have to have that info man...what is to stop anyone from calling in and telling them about all the things they were promised. Either get lucky and find a CSR manager that believes you or cancel. They will give you a great deal, but don't expect more than everyone else is getting.

The CSR must have received some sort of credit for closing the deal. They must be able to know who it is. I'll admit it sounded a little too good to be true, and that is why I called back to confirm, but the guy flat out lied to me on about 5 different key points.

I guess I will call back as high up as I can and cancel, citing the CSR's lying as the reason. Hopefully, something will happen for him lying, but I doubt it....

Well CEO Chase Cary would be the equivalent of Charlie Ergin but I don't think he has a public Email address. I agree with the other posters accept what you have for an offer or cancel, you probably have no proof of what you say was offered.

No, I have no proof. I asked the csr to email me with all of the details, and of he said "yes", then never did it.

I would like to cancel just to make sure he gets no commision for the sale.

The CSR must have received some sort of credit for closing the deal. They must be able to know who it is. I'll admit it sounded a little too good to be true, and that is why I called back to confirm, but the guy flat out lied to me on about 5 different key points.

I guess I will call back as high up as I can and cancel, citing the CSR's lying as the reason. Hopefully, something will happen for him lying, but I doubt it....

In every system, a trail of crumbs can be found. You are dead on with starting by looking whose employee/login code was used when your record was created. Good luck getting that info however. I think they might be slightly more closed-lipped and about as approachable as those cronies over at the White House. :p

What were the 5 key points? It's not that we don't or can't believe a rant like this, but maybe, is there any chance you misunderstood? Maybe someone here can shed light on the "possible miscommunication"?

Definetly call in and speak to retention, who will be the ones to cancel your order.

I've already talked to them as well as fired off a nasty gram via email form on their site.

I have a pending order for a DVR and a normal box, and have been waiting 3 days for an install date. Did it via DirecTV.com and it timed out before ever loading the install date page. For 3 days ive been told to call back later, and someone today finally found its a problem with my account that they have to escalate and they'll contact us in 72 hours... so we're going to end up taking probably a week to even get an install date.

Kinda hoping we get a HDDVR upgrade out of the ordeal, we just don't want to pay up front for any of this stuff, we're losing that level of hardware/programming from Cox which would cost us less to keep, but I want football.

Definetly call in and speak to retention, who will be the ones to cancel your order.

I've already talked to them as well as fired off a nasty gram via email form on their site.

I have a pending order for a DVR and a normal box, and have been waiting 3 days for an install date. Did it via DirecTV.com and it timed out before ever loading the install date page. For 3 days ive been told to call back later, and someone today finally found its a problem with my account that they have to escalate and they'll contact us in 72 hours... so we're going to end up taking probably a week to even get an install date.

Kinda hoping we get a HDDVR upgrade out of the ordeal, we just don't want to pay up front for any of this stuff, we're losing that level of hardware/programming from Cox which would cost us less to keep, but I want football.

You don't want to pay any up front cost ????
Why did you call D*, you know that is how they work, there is always up front cost.
IF you did not have the upfront cost you would pay the extra EVERY month with cable for the end of time, at least with D* you can pay it once and only pay a $ 5 lease fee.

I would much rather do this than pay an extra $ 15-25 p/m in order to have the same stuff (normally less quality) thru cable.

Jimbo

Klen,
get ahold of D* and ask for the person you speak to to look into your account record and see what notes have been placed on it, at that point, they should have the info of who you talked with.
You will NEVER call in and get the same person, just like in any large company.
anyway, you can send an email to them, many have had good luck going that route.
When talking to D* ask for a supervisor once you get to the right dept or talk to the Retention dept.

It sounds like you are pissed at this individual, but not D*, tell retention what you were offered and see what they can do for you.

I know if you think they offered more than what is reasonable, you should have questioned it when on the phone.
The CSR's are only allowed to make certian offers, they are very limited with what they can offer, as the steps get higher they can offer more.

Be reasonable, your not going to get the world for free, that said I don't have any idea what offer was made to you ....

Jimbo

In every system, a trail of crumbs can be found. You are dead on with starting by looking whose employee/login code was used when your record was created. Good luck getting that info however. I think they might be slightly more closed-lipped and about as approachable as those cronies over at the White House. :p

What were the 5 key points? It's not that we don't or can't believe a rant like this, but maybe, is there any chance you misunderstood? Maybe someone here can shed light on the "possible miscommunication"?

- HDDVR + HD receiver + regular DVR for $289 up front. (csr did not put in 2nd. HD receiver)

- ONE YEAR commitment (s/b 2)
- $29 / month for 1st 10 months for programming (is $49)
- free HBO, SHOWTIME/ Cinemax for 3 months, then any 1 movie package for free
as long as I stay with the HDDVR package. (bunch of bs)

other stuff that I can't remember. I didn't misunderstand him. I repeated everything back to him 3 times.
It sounded too good to be true, and it was complete bs.
I know from research here what the deals are, and all I was looking for was a good deal similar to some of the ones that others post here. A little better than the street offers....

I know from research here what the deals are, and all I was looking for was a good deal similar to some of the ones that others post here. A little better than the street offers....

:rolleyes:

Its amazing when people know what the promotions are, call in and whine and get some extra promised, then get super pissed and try to get someone fired when they don't get it.

$20 off for 10 months. Free HBO and Cinemax. Free movie channel indefinately?

Is it OK with you if they make a profit?

If they let you do a 1 year, I'd be willing to bet you are the type who'd call in on the 366th day and start bitching to get some more free stuff free, or you will switch. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Its amazing when people know what the promotions are, call in and whine and get some extra promised, then get super pissed and try to get someone fired when they don't get it.

$20 off for 10 months. Free HBO and Cinemax. Free movie channel indefinately?

Is it OK with you if they make a profit?

If they let you do a 1 year, I'd be willing to bet you are the type who'd call in on the 366th day and start bitching to get some more free stuff free, or you will switch. :rolleyes:

Why do some people get so ticked off at other people for trying to get a good deal? The last I heard this is a free market system. There is something called competition. There is nothing wrong with negotiating a good deal for yourself. D* can either do it or tell someone no. It is their choice. Maybe you are mad because you did not get as good a deal for yourself.
As for the original poster, always ask they note your account with whatever deal they promised. Then ask them to read it out to you before you hang up with them. Even then there is no guarantee D* will be able to do it. Sometimes it is not possible.

Last edited:
i know i will sound like a broken record but as a directv customer who has been hosed by them more than once.....it is important to try and have everything documented.....i prefer to do things in writing. i send emails via the customer service link on the website.

I know with Dish, you can email the ceo if you are not happy, but who do you contact at Directv if you feel you are getting jerked around?

I just signed up, and the csr promised a lot of stuff to me in order to reel me in. I have already called back once to make sure I was getting the deal that I was promised, and they said no I wasn't. They were nice, but they said that the csr should not have promised me what he did. I want the mofo fired. I am that pissed.

My install is Tuesday, and my cc has already been billed. I am prepared to cancel if necessary...

Thanks in advance...
What was the "deal" they supposedly gave you?

What was the "deal" they supposedly gave you?

I already mentioned it earlier in this thread.

Then I was flamed by "Senior Member" Chaddie-boy because he made assumptions on how I went about things with d*.

I responded, and my response was deleted, while that a$$hole chadzx11's post is still here. Why is some little prick like that allowed to provoke me without any mod action for him?

I guess I should have included a bunch of these things ":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: " in my response just to make it cute.

I already mentioned it earlier in this thread.

Then I was flamed by "Senior Member" Chaddie-boy because he made assumptions on how I went about things with d*.

I responded, and my response was deleted, while that a$$hole chadzx11's post is still here. Why is some little prick like that allowed to provoke me without any mod action for him?

I guess I should have included a bunch of these things ":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: " in my response just to make it cute.

Maybe because he can make his point without calling other members a**holes and pricks?

On the subject of the offer you were given, as an installer I don't care what you were promised by D* when you called to sign up (length of contract, prices, or non-standard work). When I show up to do your install, you will be required to sign a legally binding contract with D* that stipulates a 2 year programming commitment for advanced receivers or one year with standard receivers. D* may decide to waive the early termination fees if you break contract early, but they are under no obligation to do so.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts