WHO CAN REPAIR WINEGARD EQUIPMENT

• That's pretty good 4 replies and a fool. I have a Road trip mini max that was mounted on my RV roof. It shot craps right in the middle of the bowl games. I was in the third day of a 2.5 month trip. I found a used Carry out and used it as a portable for the rest of the trip. Got home and decided to mount the Carryout in place of the Road trip. They look very much alike but the bottoms are different. I did not want to remove my mounts for the Road trip and leave holes in the roof so I improvised. I disassembled both units and mounted the Carryout innards and dome on the Road trip base. Problem solved, works great in my yard and I guess it will work on the road. Now have a Road trip mini max with some sort of internal problem. I'd like to get it repaired but don't like the Winegard repair system. Sorry for the long post but I couldn't figure a shorter way to give all the facts. BTW, I'm in the ATL area.

• That's pretty good 4 replies and a fool. I have a Road trip mini max that was mounted on my RV roof. It shot craps right in the middle of the bowl games. I was in the third day of a 2.5 month trip. I found a used Carry out and used it as a portable for the rest of the trip. Got home and decided to mount the Carryout in place of the Road trip. They look very much alike but the bottoms are different. I did not want to remove my mounts for the Road trip and leave holes in the roof so I improvised. I disassembled both units and mounted the Carryout innards and dome on the Road trip base. Problem solved, works great in my yard and I guess it will work on the road. Now have a Road trip mini max with some sort of internal problem. I'd like to get it repaired but don't like the Winegard repair system. Sorry for the long post but I couldn't figure a shorter way to give all the facts. BTW, I'm in the ATL area.

Have you checked on the internet? I see plenty of used Winegard portables on Craigslist all the time at decent prices.

Check with the local RV dealer who installed the RTMM. Often they can address the basic mechanical repairs and parts replacement. Major repairs go to Winegard.

I forgot about that, as a young lad I worked at an RV dealership and we indeed stocked a wide array of Winegard parts. You needed to be prepared to help the traveling motorist with the widest array of repairs possible so their vacation was not spoiled. Crank-up OTA antenna repairs were common as RVers tended to drive away with them not retracted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts