Who crews NFL Preseason Broadcasts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Don in CT

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 4, 2013
Central CT
So the teams hold the rights to their individual pre season games, but who do they get to crew them. Are they hiring the national network crews to do the games or do they hire freelancers?

I know for the Patriots, they're all local announcers or former players with local ties. Dan Roche is the PxP guy and he's terrible. The color guy is former patriots TE Christian Fuaria, who also hosts a midday show on local sports radio. The sideline reporter is another former patriot LB Matt Chatham, who is excellent. There's a 2nd sideline reporter, Steve Burton who is local,handles the halftime walk off interview with Belchick and also does ridiculous interviews with local business owners.

It used to be Don Criqui and Randy Cross and they sucked.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

depends on the team

here in minnesota its paul allen (who does the radio..they just overlay it on the video), and former vikes pete bercich, greg coleman and ben lieber

the506 has a list of each team
http://506sports.com

as you can see there are some national guys who do the games
Ian Eagle, Sam Rosen, Curt Menefee, Chris Myers, Dick Stockton, Kevin Harlan

Who actually produces the games, Do they bring in the network broadcast crews. Not the announcers.

Who actually produces the games, Do they bring in the network broadcast crews. Not the announcers.

If you are asking about the behind the camera guys, the cameramen, the producers, spotters, techies of all types, it depends.

O&O channels (channels owned by the network, generally in the largest cities) have a contract that no union-free produced material can be shown on the channel, so they just produce the game with the same network employee crews they would use in the regular season. Non O&O stations and RSNs have no such restrictions and will hire union-free freelancers or contract out the production to a union-free production contractor, which will do the same.

I think for preseason games the nfl and the major networks dont really care about, so the team can use pretty much whoever they want, depending on legal contracts.
I know in my area (Dallas Cowboys market) I have seen Dallas games on everything from the normal network station that carries NFC games(fox) to the local ABC station. I have even seen games broadcasted on the local CW station.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts