who do I send Dish complaint to?

tornadog

Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
So 2 weeks ago, while browsing my favorite deal site, I saw a posting about Dish doing the free 3 month promo for HBO/Showtime, for all customers who will sign up for paperless billing. It also said existing customers can also take this offer. But it was only showing up under Offers for a select few people. So I look up in account, and it is there like the post said. So I clicked the link and HBO and Showtime got added and available in 10 minutes on my receiver. After 1 week, I get my billing statement and they have charged me 31.00 for the 3 movie package(I already had Starz).

I chatted with a dish rep, who said it was a mistake and she would forward the request to the promotion management dept, who would credit it back.

Anyway 1 week later, no changes made. So I chat with a rep again. This one, tells me since I already got this promo sometime last year, I cant get it again. I said fine, dish sent me the offer, and I signed up for it, there was no caveat mentioned. So I asked her to remove it from my account, and she said I was gonna be charged for the 2 weeks I had the 2 packages and $5 for removing programming. Nothing I said would make her budge. I got her to remove them anyway with all the fees applied to my bill.

Now I want to make a complaint to someone higher up who can help me resolve this fiasco. I dont see anything on dish website, and googling only takes me hundreds of complaint forums about dish :)

Good luck on getting an answer from echostar ceo because I have sent numerous ones and like always no one ever replies and you should just talk to your wife or someone else and that way you will at least get an answer. Dish cares less about it's customers just so they get there money and the hell with you.

Good luck on getting an answer from echostar ceo because I have sent numerous ones and like always no one ever replies and you should just talk to your wife or someone else and that way you will at least get an answer. Dish cares less about it's customers just so they get there money and the hell with you.

wrong, but thanks for playing! :rolleyes:

the premiums will change to show 31.00 dollars a month. thats correct. look a little furhter on on your bill though and you should see the credit for 22.00 that says hbo/show.

I have a similiar problem . I was charged $14+ $22 for the hbo/showtime deal. After calling they gave me a $22 credit and wouldnt take off the $14 for the partial month. On the 5th call this morning. They wouldnt take it off just saying you would get two more credit. But yet I tried to explain I shouldnt have been charged anything they wouldnt take it off. I told them to cancel my service and I would send back the equipment. So they talked me into staying but removed the programming and also had them remove the $.01 cinemax for a yr. Since I received a letter yesterday stating it would end. Also removed autopay and online billing. I may still cancel if they try to charge for the few days I had it.

If you can't get it worked out with Dish, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It'll take a couple weeks, but you'll get your money back. Filling out the form sucks, but how much time are you willing to spend on the phone with them?

When they raised prices on all their equipment not three months after I signed a 2 year contract, I called them and didn't get anywhere. I knew it was legal and stated as much in the complaint, but that doesn't make it an ethical business practice. Anyway, I filed a complaint, and Dish's BBB department called me and credited me 21 months of the increased cost. The Dish BBB department is 10x more helpful than customer service.

That must be new, never heard of that department at Dish before...

After I filed my complaint, a gentleman from Dish called me. I can't remember exactly how he identified himself, and now I'm second guessing myself. At any rate he handled BBB complaints. He was not just some regular customer service guy. He said he read my complaint and would credit my account, and asked if I considered the matter resolved. I said yes, and he said he would send me a letter stating as such. I then marked my complaint as resolved on the BBB website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)