Who had success this past weekend?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Just curious who had success this past weekend with their FTA projects? I can finally say "I DID!" At about 10pm last night! I went out and after I got everything (tools/ladder/tv/receiver/coax) set up, I hit it in under 5 minutes! More like 3. well, it was g13, not g10, but I am close!

I got my system up and going also this weekend, looks like a few of us had some success:D

I knew I must have been overlooking something. I hope it is not raining tonight when I get home. I actually liked doing it in the dark last night. No neighbors could see me, I didn't have the sun beating down, and the moon and stars were out :) I did get buzzed my a few june bigs! YUCK!

Well I guess I could say I did

-moved my StarChoice dish back to 107.3/111.1 I was using a 76cm dish aimed just at 107.3 and my signals were really low. Put the SC dish back up and now its back to normal
-re-aimed a 18” dish at Nimiq 1 for the free audio
-reran and cleaned up about 150 feet of cabling (that was a big project)
-finally hooked up a permanent line to my C-Band dish

I had the same problem as you Larry, I was trying to get a signal from a inactive transponder:mad: Now you need to get a setup with a motor on it

Attachments

• IMG_1359.JPG
    IMG_1359.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 195
I did!! Got my system up and running late Sat night. Spent most of Sat tinkering with it. Got my motor hooked up and locked in several birds before I passed out with exhastion. Between FTA and my newborn...no time left. ;)

great weekend

I have been eyeing a 7 foot aluminum dish that I saw on my way home. The other day I stopped and asked the guy if he would let it go. He said I could have it since there wasn't anything worth watching on C band anymore. I used an angle grinder and got the dish and post in my trailer and its now sitting in my driveway. What a sight. I start digging the hole for its new home this week. I want to put a C band and Ku band LNBs on it. Any ideas?

C Band dishes are in about every farm house around here :) They are either pointed into the ground or to the north. Lots of vines and tall grass growing on them :)

Hakkamike said:
I had the same problem as you Larry, I was trying to get a signal from a inactive transponder:mad: Now you need to get a setup with a motor on it

Almost need a ladder for that one, eh? You trying to shoot over some trees?

Nice looking job.

I cleaned my garage this weekend. It looks like there is 65% more space now. I finally took apart 31" and 36" dishes that were just taking up space and hid them behind some shelves. My wife is happy so it is a success :)

I need to clean my "nerd shack". My shed is starting to look like a junk yard inside! I have the HUGH box that my dish came in along with a bunch of other stuff.

digiblur said:
Almost need a ladder for that one, eh? You trying to shoot over some trees?

Nice looking job.

The pole is 52 " from the roof, I did think I was going to need it that high to get over a few trees me thinks :cool: I can cut it off a foot and a half more and still be ok with it....

Hakkamike said:
I may cut it down more than the 1.5 ft now :D

Before you do, make sure you do all of you calculations. You might need that 1.5 foot to catch some of those really low elevation sats.

Count me in for success!

Hey guys. As posted in iafirebuff other post, I also was successful in obtaining a signal about 4 weeks after my receiver arrived.
First i got my TS SAT SBS6. Then a couple of hours later i finally got Telstar12 and you guys know the feeling of that first strong signal!!
Well, now i have an extra lnb i could use! Im gonna start scrounging around for some dishes.
I really like the atmosphere on this forum. The true american helpful spirit is the best in the world.
U guys r grrrrrreat!!

I would like to second that! This is a very friendly forum. Of all of the forums I have visited over the years, this is by far the best!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)