who has the better Hd Dvr

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The new D* HD DVR requires you hit "guide" twice to get to an actual guide...that alone would drive me bonkers!

FYI, with the lastest CE software download there's now a option to have the guide come up with the first press, the 2ns press brings up the filter list.

For me the two ATSC tuners in the HR20 is a big plus for folks that don't have their local HD channels via DBS. Another plus for the HR20 is that the EPG has all the local ATSC channels, including the subchannels. You can also stream MP3's and JPEG's from a ViiV system (official line) or some 3rd party software products.

Yes, it does have some bugs in it still but it's a brand new receiver, both hardware and software. It's not based on the R15, so it's basically a start from scratch receiver. Looking back IMHO, the HR20 is a lot more stable then the 921 was when it first came out and the 622 has been out a lot longer and has the experiences from the earlier E* DVR's to help eliminate some of the bugs.

The features of the HR20 with the stability of the 622 would be a huge winner, imo. I was very torn between the two - dual OTA, folders, mp3 & photo streaming vs. a seemingly stable platform with a few less features. I ended up going with the 622 because I figured I'd rather have less features, but have those features work, than have more features and have them not work. Then, given my luck, I find that I can't reliably tune up Fox OTA due to some conflict between the 622 and Fox Austin.:rolleyes:

If D* can stabilize the Hr20, they'll have a great product. The 622 works great, but I'd love to see folders, OTA that works with my locals, and networking/connectivity. Pick your posion, I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)