Who here suffer from the BSB<Blind search Blues> ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

talrudeboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 19, 2004
Session 1
<Doctor>Today we gather here as a group.

:no Talrudeboy will talk first
Hi Satelliteguys!

My name is Talrudeboy.

It All started at satelliteguys.us. Yep I remember clearly

I ordered the Dish and receiver form PSB and I never been the same since.

Doc,,,, I found myself rushing home after work assembling the dish the same day it was shiped to my door. Doc. I was determined to have FTA up and running in 48 hrs. Yes I was.

I was in the tree by myself mounting it in the Dark
I was asking tons of questions and then I found myself on the Roof because the tree did not get me any signal.

After trying the roof I did not have a good mounting point doc,,, so I wasted time on the roof to then go back to square one . Yep up the tree I was again. With the proper help from my Woman (Wife ) After trying to set it up for a few DAYS She yelled “Right there. You have Quality” My life change after that.

I Blind search and Eat.
I Blind search and Drink
I Blind search and Sleep
I Blind search and Surf the net

Doc,, What can you do for me? I am blind search right now as we speak
Yep I am hooked!

Advertisement:

Winegard 30"/75cm Offset dish $87 ish
SG2100 DiSEqC Motor $102 ish
Sitting in your Lazy couch recliner with your foot in the air while you Blind Searching Priceless

**Having a wife to help you point the dish Priceless!

Sounds like you are HOOKED, welcome to the club!

It certainly is a very addictive hobby, you seemed to have found everything there is to find but I am sure you will keep on scanning anyway glad to hear you are having fun!

Hi, call me "Tux".

"Hi Tux!" :welcome

Where to begin. For some reason back in May/June, satellite TV started looking very interesting to me. Must've been something I ate. So I called up Dish Network, and called up Time Warner Cable, and that was that. End of June and I had my satellite TV. Around the same time I find this site and also quickly find FTA, something I didn't know existed. So end of August and I had my FTA system (PSB was my BSB 'dealer' also). Then I read about digital OTA subchannels and different stuff being multicast on them, and so on, so here it's late October and I've been exploring my locals' digital broadcasts for a week now. One of these days I'll tally up the expenses thus far for "free" digital television (not counting Dish Network).

But I don't need no stinkin 'analyst', no not me, I'm just here to laugh at all-a-yous who can't control yourselves when it comes to free television... I can quit when I want to, yep... :rolleyes:

LOL Tux Yep you have total control , Riggggggggghhhhhhhht.

What is OTA SubChannels? mummmm I smell another symtom!

Usually on Friday nights and Saturday for football games do I scan....sometimes during the week for news feeds, but not all the time :)

Hey Doc,

It started with a dissatisfaction with OTA (4 channels where I live). I then went to D*tv and said WOW look at all this stuff! After a little while, all that stuff was boring, and I found myself paying for a "package deal" half of which I never used.

So off went the D*tv during the summer.

Now it is fall, and all the games are on. What to do? Hey wait, heres a free 10' satallite dish with analog reciever! hmmmmmmmm, FREEEEEEE satellite tv :-D

Of course to set up for FTA i have to first set up a mount and pad for the dish (approx cost 200+), and then get 100' feet of cable (approx $50 delivered), but then all my TV channels are FREEEEEEEE

Oh wait, this is a c band feed horn, to get Ku band i have to upgrade feedhorn / lnb. OK thats only another $150 +, and then it is all FREEEEEEEEE.

Oh darn it, this reciever is analog, to get DVB i have to buy a DVB receiver. Thats only another 140 bux and then it is all FREEEEEEEEEE

Oh wait, this DVB receiver doesnt move my big dish! I have to keep using my analog reciever to change satellites! ok, ill just pick up this positioner gizzmo for around 80 bux, but its a small price to pay cause all of my tv viewing will be FREEEEE and this is more convienent

See doc, I have no problem, all of my tv channels are FREEEEEEEE (until the next upgrade)

Thanks a lot for the laughs folks, and have a great day,
Thomas

Pic of me

I commissioned a sketch artist to draw me watching some free TV last night. My empty wallet and shredded credit card are in my left hand, obstructed from view.

Attachments

• tuxtv.gif
    tuxtv.gif
    93 KB · Views: 199
LaserDisc?? Beta?? How old is this picture :)

I shouldnt say that...I still have an old Beta machine (that works)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

3618 to 3688

Free sat poster offer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)