Who is Aerocomm?

SimpleSimon said:
Then maybe you should turn them in - or maybe someone that lives in that state should send a copy of the post to the appropriate state board.

NOT GROUNDING IS PHYSICALLY DANGEROUS TO THE CUSTOMER. period.

As for the amount of time - I can properly ground an installation in 15 minutes. Five if a suitable ground is handy.

Finally, I've never heard of a company that would try and schedule a 10 receiver, 15 tuner, 4 location install for a single installer in a single day. I think someone is way overstating things. :eek:

Let's hope that the installers (that don't ground) have more than a million dollar policy. And it's not just physically dangerous to the house. Imagine if the house burned down from improper grounding. That could be grounds for criminal charges even.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Let's hope that the installers (that don't ground) have more than a million dollar policy. And it's not just physically dangerous to the house. Imagine if the house burned down from improper grounding. That could be grounds for criminal charges even.
That was my point - not just the house, but the people inside.

Might you comment on my opinion (reprinted below) on the daily workload there, please?
SimpleSimon said:
Finally, I've never heard of a company that would try and schedule a 10 receiver, 15 tuner, 4 location install for a single installer in a single day. I think someone is way overstating things.

Again, evidently you have never worked for aerocomm. You should check up on things before you comment. Ask around and see if anyone else has worked for aerocomm and see what they have to say about it. Look back to the start of this post and you will see what kind of crap Aerocomm "Dishes out". I don't care if you think that I am feeding you full of crap on the # of jobs thing, but I don't care. That is why I quit working for them because I was starting my day at 6 am and LEAVING my last job between 9pm and 11pm. Then have to go home and do all the BS paperwork afterwords.

SimpleSimon said:
That was my point - not just the house, but the people inside.

Might you comment on my opinion (reprinted below) on the daily workload there, please?

Sure. As with you, I think it's ludicrous to have an installer do that type of work in a given day. Even with 2 receivers per job/4 jobs per day will take at least 8 hours without driving time. Not only will the wiring take some work in some homes, the download process adds time too. Plus, going over the agreement and the activation process takes time as well.

One time, we gave an installer to do 4 jobs with 2 of them being 4 receivers at each home. Let's just say that the installer got to the first home at around 7 AM and finished around 7 PM. BUT! They were a three-person team.

If you mix in dual-tuner receiver installations like the 322 and 522, the job gets ridiculously difficult when the customer wants the wiring fished. So, DSS4Free, I'm not saying that you're lying but that who'd actually complete all those jobs in one day, let alone repeat that for 6 days in a week? Think about the trouble calls and the need to fulfill them too with your installations. It just makes no sense in giving that much work to the installers. You're just asking for customers to complain about shoddy work and poor signal strengths. Maybe that retailer's just playing a numbers game. But whatever it is, they're giving other retailers and DISH Network a bad name.

I'll tell you what the biggest problem is...we had like 7 installers, the area manager tells Dish that we have 10 installers so that we get more work (really too much work for everyone). It's all about the money. Area manager gets $5 per job that each installer he has completes. All of our work came from DNSC, so there was an endless supply of work. You figure DNSC would normally assign 2 new connects and maybe a dish upgrade or trouble call each day per installer...but when the area manager tells them that we have more installers than we really do, you can figure that each installer will get 1 or 2 more jobs than they normally would. That makes the area manager an extra $50 per day and he doesn't have to do anything. Aerocomm isn't a retailer, they get all their work straight from DNSC and there is plenty to do. I just got tired of all their crap and got out of there. I actually think that I am still on the grid (eventhough I haven't worked there for a couple weeks) and the area manager is assigning all that extra work to the other guys. REDICULOUS!!

DSS4Free said:
I'll tell you what the biggest problem is...we had like 7 installers, the area manager tells Dish that we have 10 installers so that we get more work (really too much work for everyone). It's all about the money. Area manager gets $5 per job that each installer he has completes. All of our work came from DNSC, so there was an endless supply of work. You figure DNSC would normally assign 2 new connects and maybe a dish upgrade or trouble call each day per installer...but when the area manager tells them that we have more installers than we really do, you can figure that each installer will get 1 or 2 more jobs than they normally would. That makes the area manager an extra $50 per day and he doesn't have to do anything. Aerocomm isn't a retailer, they get all their work straight from DNSC and there is plenty to do. I just got tired of all their crap and got out of there. I actually think that I am still on the grid (eventhough I haven't worked there for a couple weeks) and the area manager is assigning all that extra work to the other guys. REDICULOUS!!

Don't worry. There should be a quality control check for the DNSC and when they do an evaluation, they'll see the nice (lot of trouble calls and incomplete jobs) numbers your former company put out. Then, bye-bye sub-contracting. Unless DNSC can't find other sub-contractors to give work to, your company should get the boot in due time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)