Who is not interested in Prime Time Anytime?

How interested are you in Dish's upcoming Prime Time Anytime feature?

• Very interested. Wouldn't live without it.

Votes: 59 17.4%
  • Somewhat interested. Looks promising.

Votes: 124 36.6%
  • Not very interested. Might give it a shot.

Votes: 53 15.6%
  • Couldn't care less. That's "could NOT care less."

Votes: 103 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I find it amazing how people complain about getting the unused hard drive space like they know how much isn't being used. They treat it like it's their hard drive and should be return if not being used. Weird. Like Sethwell said, just add an EHD and all your problems are solved. Chances are if you need hard drive space that badly you would fill up the extra space Dish gave you and end up buying an EHD anyway. I have two EHDs and love them.

Do people still record that much SD.
Others have already corrected your misunderstanding about space allocation, so I'll comment on this part: Don't presume that the crowd who frequents an internet forum about satellite TV is "typical" or your average consumer. I remember just a few years ago that two out of three HDTV owners did NOT have HD service. Has that number improved ? Sure it has... Heh, my in-laws have (2) HDTVs, HD set-tops from Time Warner, connected with coax :(

Dish doesn't release the numbers (VOOM did in a court filing one time though) of HD subscribers but it's a LOT lower than most people think it is.

I record programs in SD all the time. Phineas and Ferb on the Disney Channel. Of course I would record everything in HD if it were available.

The great part of Primetime Anytime is if you think ita s dumb idea you never have to enable it. :)
That doesn't change the fact that Dish has, and will, invest a lot of time, money, equipment, etc for something. I presume Dish does market research and since most people here are "anonymous", was anyone ever contacted by Dish and asked about a feature such as this ?

6 tuners that can be assigned by the user would be preferred
too many things on prime time i have no interest in

I think its a great idea. Recording 4 channels at once ... and you can watch those recordings while recording. It does not get better than that.

With my 722 with 2 satellite and 1 OTA, at times I have to juggle the recordings of the tuners around a bit because my "base" (Fox, ABC, NBC) have simultaneous recording.

To record ALL of your locals and then still have 2 satellite tuners ... it does not get much better than that. It is like having 4 OTA tuners.

It should save disk space too because OTA HD records take up more space that satellite.

Just checked my timers.... Grey's Anatomy, Harry's Law, and Desperate Housewives are all we watch on network TV.

Harry's Law - we currently have (11) episodes recorded and have to catch up on after we watch one or two on the PC (had to download after the DVR died). We probably will never get around to it and will end up deleting these...

Desperate Housewives - show has been cancelled so it's timer will be gone soon.

I watch neither Grey's or Housewives - they're my wife's shows.

I said somewhat. I do record some network shoes but not to many at same time on different networks. I'm often running three timers, one OTA to handle network programming. But if pricing is right...

I find it amazing how people complain about getting the unused hard drive space like they know how much isn't being used. They treat it like it's their hard drive and should be return if not being used. Weird.

Well... For owned receivers, we do own the hard drive! You have to admit that, in some circumstances such as mine, it sure would be nice if we could use the whole drive and not have Dish taking over control of half of it for something we will never use. (VOD preloaded onto MY disk will never be used in my household since my account PPV limit is set to $0. Dish brought that on themselves by their invention of Channel 1 VOD and firmware bugs that charged me for shows that I never requested.)

I'm interested,wife more than me.She watches quite a bit of the big 4 in primetime.It would be really nice if they make it available to more than just the hopper/joeys.Would love to see it on the vip's.

There are nights when it will be great for me. I watch a bunch of Primetime stuff, as well as non-big4.

I'm hoping to get 2 hoppers and a joey, and enable PTAT. We'll see when and at what cost.

Luckily you know this going into it and do not have to purchase the equipment. It is Dish's product that they are making and in order for it to do what they want they need to use that space. Maybe if Dish was smart they wouldn't advertise it as having a 2TB HDD but instead just say it has a 500GB HDD since that's all the customers gets to use.

I have to admit I was pretty impressed when they said it had a 2TB HDD. Then I read that you only get to use 500GB of it. It has the same amount of usable space as the 922 does even though the HDD is twice as large.

Every DVR that DISH has made has had half the drive reserved for DISH's use. No need to bitch about it now, its not a surprise anymore. :D

IIRC the space reserved for Dish on the 500 series DVRs were variable (not half) and in the case of the 501's ZERO.

Yes, but you can save any show to the HD and keep indefinitely.

It's amazing to me that people here are having such a hard time grasping this concept.

Okay people, let's try this again. PTAT records the big four every night and will hold those shows for eight days. You can go to PTAT and if you see a show that you want to watch and keep longer than the alloted eight days, then you have the option to move that show to your DVR (seperate from the PTAT) and hold it there until YOU decide you don't want to keep it any longer. It won't just disappear after eight days if you don't want it to...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts