Who is not interested in Prime Time Anytime?

How interested are you in Dish's upcoming Prime Time Anytime feature?

• Very interested. Wouldn't live without it.

Votes: 59 17.4%
  • Somewhat interested. Looks promising.

Votes: 124 36.6%
  • Not very interested. Might give it a shot.

Votes: 53 15.6%
  • Couldn't care less. That's "could NOT care less."

Votes: 103 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's amazing to me that people here are having such a hard time grasping this concept.

Okay people, let's try this again. PTAT records the big four every night and will hold those shows for eight days. You can go to PTAT and if you see a show that you want to watch and keep longer than the alloted eight days, then you have the option to move that show to your DVR (seperate from the PTAT) and hold it there until YOU decide you don't want to keep it any longer. It won't just disappear after eight days if you don't want it to...

It's a semantic argument... I tried explaining this in another thread. I was eventually banging my head on my keyboard...lol:facepalm

It's a semantic argument... I tried explaining this in another thread. I was eventually banging my head on my keyboard...lol:facepalm

It's the same with trying to get people to understand/believe the automatic PITA extension due to sporting event overruns. I've been needing band-aids.

typing.gif

I don't understand the fuss being made over PrimeTime Anytime... If you want it, enable it. If you don't, don't enable it. Give Dish credit for making it an option and not mandatory.

Last edited:
It's the same with trying to get people to understand/believe the automatic PITA extension due to sporting event overruns. I've been needing band-aids.

With all due respect, I think the jury may still be out on this one. Clearly, PTA does an automatic 1 hour extension if there is a sporting event that occurs within the 3 hour block. I have yet to see anything official about how it handles a sporting event that occurred before the PTA block begins which causes the entire block to be delayed.

Somewhat Interested, but, they first need to provide a way to tell the Hopper to save all new episodes of a program.
Or, disable PTAT and DVR the program like normal. Then there's no need to worry about manually saving en episode that PTAT caught for you.

In the various threads here about Hopper. As it stands now you would need to go in each week and select which shows to save. Not acceptable to me as I frequently time-shift entire seasons of a program.

Edit: oops this was in reply to post #33.

Of course they're going to advertise it can record up to 6 programs. Along with being able to watch HD programming from 4 TVs. And the fact that it has a 2TB HDD even though you only get to use 500GB. Companies are always going to advertise what catches customers eyes and as long as they have the fine print they will get away with it.

Sure, But the thread topic is using PTAT.
No, it's a poll asking people's opinions about PTAT. I was responding to your particular scenario as well.... Without manual intervention or if you forget, what you want, "provide a way to tell the Hopper to save all new episodes of a program", isn't or may not be available (yet).

Kind of silly questions. I am very interested in it, but since I am living without it now, how could I say I could not live without it? Sounds like a great way to have access to all prime time programming - something I have been looking for since Bill Gates wrote "The Road Ahead" about 15 years ago. Not streaming, but the same idea.

I don't understand the fuss being made over PrimeTime Anytime... If you want it, enable it. If you don't, don't enable it. Give Dish credit for making it an option and not mandatory.
The "fuss" as you call it is being made by Dish, and those who appear to be excited by the feature. There's no fuss in this thread/poll, at least not as it was started. It's just an academic discussion, and a pretty mellow one at that (by modern internet standards).

With all due respect, I think the jury may still be out on this one. Clearly, PTA does an automatic 1 hour extension if there is a sporting event that occurs within the 3 hour block. I have yet to see anything official about how it handles a sporting event that occurred before the PTA block begins which causes the entire block to be delayed.

In an attempt to clear things up,
MY PM SENT TO SCOTT A FEW MINUTES AGO:

"A lot of people are not wanting to believe or not understanding the sporting even over-run extension for PTAT which you have answered to my satisfaction repeatedly. Here is the question....using Sunday NFL on CBS as example. If the game is not normally scheduled to run within the block, but ends up doing so, does the block (or at least CBS) get extended by the according over-run time? I believe that it does...but I seem to be in the minority. If so, do you know how that works?

Thanks,"

SCOTT"S RESPONSE

"On Sundays if there is a sporting event PTAT is automatically extended by an hour to allow for overrun. (Also normal PTAT is set for 30 minutes overrun no matter what)"

Did not know about the normal 30 minutes pad.

The most watched and recorded shows are in prime time on the big 4. Most households will benefit from this. Those that do not, can with a few clicks of the remote record the 3 things their heart desires. And if that is not enough, they can pony up some more $$ and get a second hopper to record 6 things at once, or perhaps 9 if they then decide perhaps they could use that PTA option.

In an attempt to clear things up,
MY PM SENT TO SCOTT A FEW MINUTES AGO:

"A lot of people are not wanting to believe or not understanding the sporting even over-run extension for PTAT which you have answered to my satisfaction repeatedly. Here is the question....using Sunday NFL on CBS as example. If the game is not normally scheduled to run within the block, but ends up doing so, does the block (or at least CBS) get extended by the according over-run time? I believe that it does...but I seem to be in the minority. If so, do you know how that works?

Thanks,"

SCOTT"S RESPONSE

"On Sundays if there is a sporting event PTAT is automatically extended by an hour to allow for overrun. (Also normal PTAT is set for 30 minutes overrun no matter what)"

Did not know about the normal 30 minutes pad.

Thanks. That is very clear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts