Who is your internet provider?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Proc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
Motown
I've had D* for 7 years and during that time, I've had AT&T's DSL for the internet. Its only 1.5MB, speedwise, and I am finding the need to speed it up (for streaming video, Netflix, eventually upgraded D* equipment, etc.).

Do any of you use AT&T DSL at a higher speed? Recommended? Or would you recommend going the cable modem route? We have Comcast and WOW (Wide Open West) here.

Who do you use?

I've had D* for 7 years and during that time, I've had AT&T's DSL for the internet. Its only 1.5MB, speedwise, and I am finding the need to speed it up (for streaming video, Netflix, eventually upgraded D* equipment, etc.).

Do any of you use AT&T DSL at a higher speed? Recommended? Or would you recommend going the cable modem route? We have Comcast and WOW (Wide Open West) here.

Who do you use?

Do you not have U-Verse in your area ?

You can go up to 18 MG with the VRAD box.

My internet speed is at 3 mg, painfully slow with Verizon, they have the nerve to advertise High Speed Internet at Blazing speeds of 1 mg.
I shouldn't say painfully slow, just not as fast as it could be.

They talked about offering 7 mg a year and a half ago and never brought it to the neighborhood.

Last week Verizon dumped our phone / internet service for Frontier, hopefully they will be better.

I have Charter cable and royally hate them and the service,I pray for the day I can get DSL or fiber optic.
$56 a month for a royal headache and high blood pressure.

Took about 5 minutes to correctly enter these three lines text.:rant:

We have Insight and another choice of WoW. I like Insight pretty good we get 20 down and 1.5 up.

WoW isn't too bad from what I hear from my co-workers. I think they have up to 6 or 10 down here.

I have phone and internet bundled with Frontier. My bill says I have 1mbps but the speed test shows 3mbps. This is just fine for my needs and has been very consistent.
Would I like more? Yes, but TWC/RR is out of the question.

I have had ATT 6 & 12 Mbps DSL and loved it. Now I am on company provided Comcast 16Mbps and have had no issues although if I could choose I would prefer the slower 12 Mbps DSL from ATT as Comcast has a monthly usage cap on "UNLIMITED" service and I really think throttle my speeds at time. This was not on my ATT DSL services

Comcast 20 Down/4 Up service here! Had ATT DSL Until Jan. 2010 but dropped it because it was too slow for our needs and we were getting less than half the speed that we were paying for. Comcast has worked out great for us in our area. They were crap when we had them 6 years ago and have vastly improved their network since then.:)

I have U-Verse 6mb/1.5mb. It's included in my rent, and while it is stable and generally lag free, we USED to have Comcast 10mb speeds, but the University struck a deal with AT&T so Comcast was given the boot.

I have Clear 4G wireless (~4 Mb down/ 400kb up). Not blazing, but adequate for my needs for $30/mo. They are only serving limited areas at this time, but expanding rapidly.

I currently have WOW 15Mb/1MB. They have one more option for an extra $5 to go up to 15/2. I did not see the value in my surfing habits to get the extra upload speed. WOW has been the most reliable service provider that I have had so far.

Verizon FIOS , 25m down, 23m up, measured. Bundled with landline phone. Ready for FIOS TV if needed.

Here is what is available @ my address in Rochester, MN

Qwest DSL

1.5mb Service @ ???

Charter

1.0mb @ $19.99
8.0mb/1mb @ $29.99 w/24mo. commitment
16mb/2mb add'l $10/mo
25mb/3mb add'l $25/mo
60mb/?mb add'l $70/mo

I have the 8mb/1mb......but consistently get over 20mb down, sometimes 30mb and never below about 12mb down.

Wish we had competition, but I can't completely complain for $29.99 a month.

I've got QWEST DSL 7Mbps for $36/month. I bundle Internet/Phone/Directv on one bill.

I used to have COMCAST internet and phone bundled together. The internet part of the bill was $42/month. If I only had comcast internet they'd have charged me $60/month for the same speed internet.

In my previous post on this thread I was blaming Charter cable ISP for keyboard delays when typing in the message,well it turns out this was caused by a dead battery in my Dell laptop.

After removing the battery pack all is back to normal "Google is wonderful !"

FYI: I still don't like Charter and would change over to DSL or fiber optic if it ever comes this way.

charper1 said:
I have had ATT 6 & 12 Mbps DSL and loved it. Now I am on company provided Comcast 16Mbps and have had no issues although if I could choose I would prefer the slower 12 Mbps DSL from ATT as Comcast has a monthly usage cap on "UNLIMITED" service and I really think throttle my speeds at time. This was not on my ATT DSL services

Was the ATT 6 adequate for downloading videos such as for my D box?

Here is what is available @ my address in Rochester, MN

Qwest DSL

1.5mb Service @ ???

Charter

1.0mb @ $19.99
8.0mb/1mb @ $29.99 w/24mo. commitment
16mb/2mb add'l $10/mo
25mb/3mb add'l $25/mo
60mb/?mb add'l $70/mo

I have the 8mb/1mb......but consistently get over 20mb down, sometimes 30mb and never below about 12mb down.

Wish we had competition, but I can't completely complain for $29.99 a month.

I would be in heaven if I could get 8m for $ 29.

I pay $ 35 for 3m with Verizon

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)