Who should i choose?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

disbthai

Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Hi everyone, I just picked up 42" 1080p LCD and ready for HD viewing...Who should i go with cable, dishnet or directv? What who has the most HD channels? Thanks

The D* folks will say D*, the E* folks will say E*. I'd recommend just reading all the various post here and other DBS sites and make the decision on your own based on your needs.

i agree with rad, and will add, each satellite company is trying to one up do the same thing the other one is, so its hard to say right now who will have the most hd channels, directv says they will while Dish network is going out and doing it.

Your best bet is to sit back and wait until after September 15 to see where everything stands.

If my memory serves me right, D* stated they will have over 100 channels available in September.

My advice, after you've made a decision, is to go after service in a way in which you sound as if you do not need them. In other words, approach them with a, "So what are you willing to do to sign me on as a customer?"

It's your money and your future. Do some research to find who carries the most of what you want at a price that's attractive to you. Not rocket science.

Depends who your cable company is. Id recomend going with them since their is no upfront costs, no contracts and so on. You can enjoy your cable see how you like it and if not you can always change to one of the sat providers and not pay any early termination fee like you would with one of the *'s

Depends who your cable company is. Id recomend going with them since their is no upfront costs, no contracts and so on. You can enjoy your cable see how you like it and if not you can always change to one of the sat providers and not pay any early termination fee like you would with one of the *'s

I did what you suggest: have been with Comcast for the last year and have enough of them for the following reasons:

1. Comcast DVR (moto 6412) is the worst junk I've seen in years (ignores my commands or executes with a few seconds delay, freezes, reboots, shuts of my sharp LCD TV in a middle of play back etc.). A BIG disappointment after great previous experience with tivo s2/direct TV;

2. Comcas does not provide logical search (cannot search by title, director etc.) through their "on demand" offerings.

I'm investigating the following solutions (I think movie/content download from a searchable databases is a better solution than recording broadcast):

3. Wait (in Silicon Valley) for tivo hd software to run on moto hardware 6412. I read on this board that Comcast starts a field trial in MA in 8/2007 and will take another few months to roll out elsewhere in US;

4. Replace Comcast DVR with $299 Tivo s3 HD DVR with "unbox"/Amazon downloads (no access to Comcast "on demand"). Questions: will the new SDV by Comcast be incompatible wit Tivo s3?

5. Sign with E*/vip722.
How does the vip722 user interface compare to tivo s3?
How do E* "pay per view" offerings compare to Amazon unbox?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts