Who will be getting Sony Google TV (logitech review replacement)

There's another keynote tomorrow that is supposed to be about Google TV, ChromeOS, and the Chrome broswer.

OnLive is an app that will work on any GoogleTV. There has already been a viewer app since CES this year. Vizio either has a time exclusive or they are just preloading the app like Sony is preloading Plex.

And really, having used many many of the TV browsers out there. Chrome is the best. But I am interested to see what Microsoft does putting IE on the 360.

I'm really not understanding the Nexus Q either. It just doesn't seem to do much and unless you and all your friends are into buying things from the Play Store. I don't really see the use. $299 is quite high, but I guess it's because it's made in 'Merica. If the thing has an API, then maybe the developers getting them can do something cool with it.

Last edited:
Question is google giving up on GTV in favor of Que?

So I'm watching that one session about GoogleTV that is being streaming and during the Q&A at the end someone kind of asked that. The person asked if there were plans to brin GoogleTV to the Nexus Q since that seems like a really simple device and adding that would bring more functions to do. The guy that answered said that GoogleTV and the Nexus Q are two different things. The Q is a single purpose device for streaming content from Google Play and YouTube. While GoogleTV is a development platform that brings content from the web and from apps written for it to the TV.

The Q&A session has some other good questions. I'll post a link to the video once it is up on it's own. The main talk though is more about overall app design for the TV and doesn't have much for users.

Here's that first GoogleTV related session from Google I/O: The Q&A portion starts around 43:43 if you want to skip over app design lessons learned. They do briefly mention change to the hardware spec: The next wave of devices will not require a hardware keyboard. A software keyboard can be used as an alternate means of input.

Google I/O 2012 - Bring Your App to the Big Screen - YouTube

From what I can tell, the third session was not recorded which is a shame because that one probably would have been the most interesting as it was going to focus on how to build "Second Screen" applications.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)