Who will be getting Sony Google TV (logitech review replacement)

The keyboard is a joke. If it doesn't have a regular keyboard, you might as well be using a phone or tablet that has a much better chance of landing applications that work with it.

I'm not convinced that I need a whole lot more than what the Revue offers now.

The keyboard of the revue is not what has bothered me. I have not heard aboutt his update. Do you have any info? we have been disappouinted before.

There will be an announcement tomorrow at the Google IO conference in California. It is expected a major Google TV update will be released.

There has been no word yet on which Google TV devices will and wont get the updates.

i wonder how long before it makes its way to the revue via enterprising developers?

I expect several major announcements -- the Google tablet (with an actual purchase date), Jelly Bean (4.1) -- the statue has landed which means its release is forthcoming, and more GoogleTV news.

I don't know if I'll get it -- the price is high and what will it bring to the game the Revue didn't?

Cheers,

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I've already ordered a Sony unit because the fan inside my Logitech Revue is making an awful racket and Logitech no longer is interested in fixing it for me. Yesterday I plugged it back in to reset the flash and also install the 3.2 update while I was at it. (Didn't expect that one, did ya?) And I thought the fan was going to rattle itself apart.

I've been missing it because there's been a couple times where I've wanted a fast and good browser on my TV screen to look at things or to play YouTube videos in HD on the TV screen in great quality.

I'm not so sure that they are going to reveal a new update to GoogleTV at I/O tomorrow. If they do, it's not going to be a radical change. They will just open things up more for developers. Perhaps they might spotlight a couple specific apps that would take advantage of those additional features. This isn't the venue to announce some big content deal like an official Hulu Plus app or deal with the networks.

The Sony unit will continue to be Google's lead device like it has been. Remember Logitech's updates lagged behind because they had their own software apps they wanted to make sure worked will for it. And Vizio looks like it's going to be doing the same... the launcher doesn't look anything like 3.x Honeycomb. So if you're looking for timely updates on your next GoogleTV, don't buy the Vizio. And it also looks like Vizio is cutting some corners in order to make that $99 price point. Less ports, and what not. Of the two so far, the Sony unit looks to be the way to go to me.

I'm still in the (pre-Hopper) "Stone age" where I have 2 Logitech Revues,each hooked up to a respective ViP722k. Can I replace the Revues with either the new Sony box or Vizio box & still have integration with my ViP722k's like the Revues are supposed to do?

I'm still in the (pre-Hopper) "Stone age" where I have 2 Logitech Revues,each hooked up to a respective ViP722k. Can I replace the Revues with either the new Sony box or Vizio box & still have integration with my ViP722k's like the Revues are supposed to do?

As far as I know, the DISH Integration wasn't exclusive to Logitech. They were just he manufacturer DISH had an agreement with to sell the boxes at a reduced cost.

More news expected this morning - Sirius XM radio coming to Google TV, to be unveiled at Google I/O | The Verge

I quit taking Google TV seriously when they failed to grow a set and modify their web browser to get around the blocks that websites put up. It told me that they weren't serious about this product and were depending upon their partners to push it. Google could have changed GTV's web browser to spoof those sites into thinking they were being accessed by a pc. Having On Live on that Vizio box is what makes that product interesting, not Google TV. Until Google adds a real web browser that works with all websites, there is little to recommend it over other streamers.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Kind of disapointed no mention of Google TV at todays Google IO event.

Is google losing interest in Google tv since they introduced orb>? sor.? their answer to apple tv. How dumb is google at $299.00 price point one is better off with the Xbox. Not only is it a better streamer, but it plays games.

It's the Google Q. It's a nice industrial design, but right now it seems as though it is only a gateway to Google's cloud based content. Beyond that there's nothing super compelling to the product.

I'm not sure what the goal is. I'd rather have a full capability streamer than this for the price.

Cheers,

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts