Who won, Who Lost?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
jeffwtux said:
I'm starting to think what is getting Dish into all these spats is the 3 programming tiers, almost nobody has 3 anymore(DirecTV dropped Select Choice).

D* still has 3 tiers - Total Choice, Total Choice Plus, and Total Choice Premier.

jeffwtux said:
I'm starting to think what is getting Dish into all these spats is the 3 programming tiers, almost nobody has 3 anymore(DirecTV dropped Select Choice). .

Huh?
There are only 2 US satellite companies..Dish & Direct

The reason Dish gets into these spats is Charlie & Co stand up against these big conglomerates.

Iceberg said:
Huh?
There are only 2 US satellite companies..Dish & Direct

The reason Dish gets into these spats is Charlie & Co stand up against these big conglomerates.

Right but most cable companies only have 2 basic tier(besides the broadcast tier), analog and digital.

Curtis0620 said:
He specifially said he didn't want new channels tied to this agreement. He ended up getting Nicktoons, Spike, CMT and TVLand all included in this agreement.

And you actually think that E* would publicly state what they are looking for in a high-level negotiation? I have some land I bet you would like to buy. It may be a little damp when it rains, but....

Unless you were involved with the negotiations on E*'s side of the table, there is no way that you know what they were trying to get.

jeffwtux said:
Right but most cable companies only have 2 basic tier(besides the broadcast tier), analog and digital.

i don't know about that. Amy have mutiple tiers----and mitliple digital tiers as well.

dbronstein said:
D* still has 3 tiers - Total Choice, Total Choice Plus, and Total Choice Premier.

Comcast here has 2 analog tiers Basic & Extended Basic, and 3 Digital Tiers,
Digital Classic, Digital Plus, and Digital Premier.

Tampa8 said:
And you read the details about the agreement and the cost to Charlie where???????

Curtis is a D* troll, you didn't know this? Is this your first time visiting here or something? :D This is pretty well known among us E* subs

dbronstein said:
But they got them all back after two days, or sooner for the ones who switched. How many subs did Dish lose because of this? And those subs are never coming back.

Never say never when talking about knee jerk reactionaries :)

NightRyder

Curtis0620 said:
He specifially said he didn't want new channels tied to this agreement. He ended up getting Nicktoons, Spike, CMT and TVLand all included in this agreement. Plus now the SEC is investigating E* for accounting issues.

Please do not take this a being rude - but again - where are you getting the information that these were bundled as Viacom had wanted? In fact, the indication is they did not get what they were reported to have wanted, if you go by the newest channel only being in the top180. I am not saying I know either but it seems pure speculation to say Charlie lost.

I would say that both sides gave in some, that Charlie had to end up paying a little more than what he was wanting to pay in the beginning but still got to keep the channels for a bit less than what Viacom wanted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts