Status
Please reply by conversation.

VewDew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Northern California
Hello,

I have a recent install of a whole home dvr and I have an ethernet connection available to plug into my HR24/500. So I plugged the ethernet into it and lost the other receivers on the whole home network. Is the network option no longer available when using a whole home setup? I used to like the you tube searches and of course the on demand content.

Thanks!

OK, lets Start at the begining.

First do you have the DECA broadband adpter?

You can connect your HR24 to the internet Directly. But there is no need to if you are using Swim and the Above DECA adpter.

The Ethernet port disables the DECA inside the the hr24
Unplug the Ethernet cable
Pull the power cord
Plug in the power cord
Let the received reboot
MRV or whole home should be working now.
You need a cck for your internet connection call DirecTV they will send you one for free.
Just plug it in behind the hr 24 with the coax cable provided.
Then connect to your network.

Pull the power cord
Plug in the power cord
Let the received reboot
You need a cck for your internet connection call DirecTV they will send you one for free.

I do have a swim. What is a CCK?

Do what alex8404 said and unplug that ethernet cable from the back of your HR24. Its by passing your Internet over coax which is taking it out of the loop. HR24 doesn't need Direct connection if your using Deca equipment. Which judging by what your telling me is on your HR20's.

CCK is Cinema Connection Kit.

Do you have one of these on your HR 20's
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...et-Coax-Adapter-DECA--(DECA1MR01)&c=Satellite Components&sku=

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...t-to-Coax-Adapter-DECA--(DCA2SR0)&c=Satellite Components&sku=

If you're having trouble connecting to the internet or something we will take those steps after you unplug the ethernet cable, and reboot the HR24.

a lot of accurate info here, and some inaccurate... I'll try to clear the fog and simplify it for you.
1. You need to disconnect the ethernet cable from the back of the HR24 for whole home to work with that receiver.
2. Call DirecTV and let them know you would like a Cinema Connection Kit. This will connect connect your receivers to the internet through the coax cabling. This way, you'll have Whole Home and the Internet goodies (you tube, pandora and On Demand) all at the same time.

a lot of accurate info here, and some inaccurate... I'll try to clear the fog and simplify it for you.
1. You need to disconnect the ethernet cable from the back of the HR24 for whole home to work with that receiver.
2. Call DirecTV and let them know you would like a Cinema Connection Kit. This will connect connect your receivers to the internet through the coax cabling. This way, you'll have Whole Home and the Internet goodies (you tube, pandora and On Demand) all at the same time.
He already has that, He stated in an earlier post that his HR20,s have coax to ethernet Deca adapter on them.

So its obvious he has CCK cause otherwise there would be no reason for the adapters.

And post the inaccurate info you speak of.

I have 3 HR20-700s, 1 HR24-500 and 2 H25-100s. The HR20-700s have the adapter in the back that plugs into the ethernet ports.
Here you go. That tells me he has CCK.

He first post implied the system was working fine, untill he plugged ethernet into HR24.

Ummm... actually, The HR20 requires the DECA on the back for Whole Home to work. It does not have a DECA built in like the HR24 does. Any model receiver below a 24 with Whole home (or a CCK) would require a DECA to be attached to the coax.
I was trying to avoid pointing out that saying the HR20 having a DECA means he has a CCK, because that was the inaccurate info. Didn't want to start an argument.
The fact that he has to plug an ethernet cable into the HR24 to have internet, and doesnt have internet on any of the other receivers means he doesn't have a CCK.
For Clarification:
A CCK allows an internet connection over the Coax network.
A DECA allows network communication over the Coaxial cables
H24's, H25's, HR24's and HR34's all have the DECA built in. Models before these require an external DECA.
While it's not an officially supported function of DirecTV, members of this forum (Who are REALLY smart!!) have figured out that the HR34 will act as a CCK when an ethernet cable is connected.

Oh, one more thing.. When you plug an ethernet cable into an H24, H25 or HR24 it disables the built in DECA.. Thats why he lost the whole home function on that receiver.. it quit communicating over the coax network.

Thank you all for your responses. I spoke with DTV yesterday to remove 2 older receivers that were scrapped when I went with the Whole Home DVR setup. They are sending me the CCK and I will be set. Thanks again!

Pull the power cord
Plug in the power cord
Let the received reboot

Online they are free w/ $19.95 S&H. Have you heard of people getting it without any chanrges at all if they call, or has everyone had to pay the S&H?

Sometimes, if you call in and sweet talk the CSR (Customer Service Rep) they can waive the Shipping and handling, but DirecTV has been cracking down on that, so it's pretty rare

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts