Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Today at 21:00 Central European Time was the first semifinal of the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest, in Oslo. Last night I looked, briefly, at the websites of some of the European channels that I can receive on Galaxy 19 and AMC4, like LTV World, Belarus TV, BVN, and RTPi, and I saw that they would be carrying it. Since I wouldn't be home this afternoon at 3 PM EDT (which is what I think 21:00 CET is), I picked the channel that looked like it had the best picture quality at the moment (it was Belarus TV -- I would've used BVN except they're letterboxing things now and I hate letterboxing) and set a timer for it. When I got home, I saw that it wasn't on. So what gives? Are they delaying it for American audiences? Some of the websites are very frustrating to translate using online tools because they stupidly display important text as graphics rather than text.

In case anyone cares, it looks like it started at 8PM EDT on BVN. I missed the first three songs. I wonder if they're airing the 2nd semifinal on Thursday and the final round on Saturday at the same time? They were all supposed to be live at 2100 CET.

Thanks, replied.

FYI, anyone interested, it's just finishing up on BelarusTV (so presumably it started at 10PM EDT), and it's running at different points right now on TRT-1 and TRT-4.

I guess I'm just surprised that everyone wasn't running it live, I just can't comprehend how anyone could watch TV without a DVR these days.

NSS 806 Fr 3803 L Sr 27500 on the ERT World Channel.

Thursday 3:00 pm Live Eastern time zone.

Saturday the finals 3:00 pm Live Eastern time zone.

Note on BVN: I don't know of American feed, but here in Europe, Eurovision tends to be delayed by a couple of minutes on that particular channel. I could see the my local public TV play one song and BVN play a previous one.

P.S. I myself don't find the letterboxing evil, simply there are a lot of 16:9 TV sets out here, and here 16:9 is adopted already on SD, not with HD.

Thanks.

It started out fine, but now I'm only getting 35% quality on the channel and it's breaking up badly even though I have 90% strength. All the other unencrypted channels on AMC4 Ku are fine.

I guess I'll try for the 8PM EDT re-run on BVN.

One of the advantages of living in Europe: I can receive the HD feed (35Mbit MPEG2 4:2:2 1080i) with 512k audio.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lnb problems

Help identifying LNB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)