Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
So whos ordering the ECW PPV on Sunday Night?

I am planning on it, I was a big fan of ECW in its heyday. I would make the trip once a month to the ECW Arena in Philly and I miss it so much.

I knew all the guys and knew them well. And since I knew the guys I was always able to watch them tape their "Backstage Interviews" which were always shot after the wrestling show was over in the hotel.

Going to the matches was great, it was like a big family, from Hat Guy, to sign guy and the rest of the bleacher bunch we always had a great time. Some how I was always roped into helping setting up the ring, and it was usually me, Mikey Whipwreck Rocko Rock (It was his ring ECW used!)

Speaking of the ring many of you guys know I worked for the WWF when I was younger, the ECW ring itself was hard core, the WWE ring was plywood with a big spring under it, the ECW ring while it did have a spring it was solid 2x4 boards under it not plywood, and it was only covered by a thin padding.

Anyways I wasn't looking forward to it (The PPV) when I first heard them talk about it, but now I am pumped. Paul E is a smart guy and he can pull the show off. I just hope there is not much WWE involvement. The WWE for the past few years has been hard to stomach.

While its called one night stand, I have a feeling that this is a new beginning for ECW. :)

I'll be in the hills camping, but probably would not order anyhow... I lost touch with wrestling about the time it went to spike... I probably have on vhs somewhere some of the old wwf from the 80's. Watched the first few Wrestlemanias on C-band...But I would for sure order this before I would order the Tyson fight Saturday night...

I will definitely be getting the ECW PPV. I loved ECW, and I agree with Scott. I really hope WWE's stupid Smackdown and RAW invasion teams have a VERY small role. This is an ECW PPV that I'm sure won't need WWE names to get a good buy rate. I'm a little disappointed that Shane Douglas, Jerry Lynn and Raven won't be appearing, but the talent roster set to appear is rather impressive. I REALLY hope you are right Scott in terms of a new beginning for ECW.

I ordered it today, looks like it's going to be a great show. Just curious to see what Raw's and Smackdown's roles will be during and after the show. :)

I am definitely getting it, cant wait. I used to have ringside seats whenever they would goto the elks lodge in queens. Haven't really watched pro wrestling since the demise of ecw but cant wait for this, hopefully your right scott that this isn't just one night but a new beginning

Scott speaking of that ring, my friend is a wrestler for the nywc and they actually have that ring now along with the old entrance. Mikey Whipwreck is now doing the booking for them. Went to his show two months ago, dreamer, raven, foley, whipwreck where all there.

heres their website http://www.nywcwrestling.com/

I watch Raw & Smackdown every week, BUT, I have never ordered a WWE PPV. I have never felt the need to pay $35 to see what will be on the next Monday.

The ECW will be my first.

Just as a bit of irony on my part to play the devil's advocate so no flaming please, but if we can't pay $49 - $99 for HD NFL then we surely can't pay $25 - $50 for wrestling PPVs. These PPVs should be $10 - $15.

the problem is that this is not the original ECW. It is a Vince MCMahon version of it. The origianl ECW was a scrappy wannabe major protion. This one will be a faded minor leaguer copy of that.

Geronimo said:
the problem is that this is not the original ECW. It is a Vince MCMahon version of it. The origianl ECW was a scrappy wannabe major protion. This one will be a faded minor leaguer copy of that.

i agree to a point, will they have alot of the match of old, ie barbwire, lots of real blood, etc, probably not however wwf/wwe was giving money to ecw before it ever filed bankruptcy. so i do not know how much of it will be water down by vince

I agree and disagree Geronimo. ECW is responsible for a lot of talent coming to America, is responsible for WWE's hardcore division, and many other things. They could have become a major leaguer with more cash. Competing against the financial powerhouses of WCW and WWE would be impossible for ANYBODY unless you're backed by a a man listed on the Forbes 50 richest men in America.

DBSOgre said:
They could have become a major leaguer with more cash. Competing against the financial powerhouses of WCW and WWE would be impossible for ANYBODY unless you're backed by a a man listed on the Forbes 50 richest men in America.

McMahon top 50? of what year?

2000: #260 (debut)
2001: #365
2002: #386
2003: #off list
2004: #off list
2005: # N/A

charper1 said:
McMahon top 50? of what year?

2000: #260 (debut)
2001: #365
2002: #386
2003: #off list
2004: #off list
2005: # N/A

what he meant was for a start up league to be competitive, mcmahon has been doing wrestling for so long he doesnt need to be on that list. WWE has always been the "big show" for workers. Everyone who wrestles would die for the chance to get a deal with wwf/wwe. It did start to take a hit with wcw and nitro, however look who was backing that fed ted turner. Where is wcw now...with wwe.

scott did you go to the philly show? my friend went and said it was old school ecw, so cant wait for tonight

DBSOgre said:
I agree and disagree Geronimo. ECW is responsible for a lot of talent coming to America, is responsible for WWE's hardcore division, and many other things. They could have become a major leaguer with more cash. Competing against the financial powerhouses of WCW and WWE would be impossible for ANYBODY unless you're backed by a a man listed on the Forbes 50 richest men in America.

I son't think you get my point. I never said that they could not have become a player with cash. i simply said that if Vince runs it asa minor league it won't be what it was.

And the show has started with the classic EVW opening!

Joey Styles is back and Mick Foley is helping Joey call the action.

We open up in what may be Lance Storms final match ever, as he battles "Lionheart" Chris Jericho. For those who dont know Lance decided not to renew his contrace with the WWE.

I believe Hericho and Storm were once a tag team a long time ago.

Joey Styles is doing great calling the action so far.

BTW the show seems to be using most of the ECW crew including the director and camera guys. The show is not the clean style video and directing tha the WWE is known for.

BTW the ballroom they are wrestling in is in the Manhatten Center which is the Birthplace of RAW.

Nice Chant there for the late Chris Candido.

Great match so far, Lance Store was so ounder utilized in the WWE. This guy is a great wrestler. (As is Jericho)

Status
Not open for further replies.