Status
Please reply by conversation.

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
Since there are a number of posts from people that already have MPEG4 capable receivers, we probably need a poll started to track who's receiving any of the new HD channels, when and with what receiver.

Not sure how far the epg goes out for the 211 / 411 but curious to know when & which new channels become listed.

you've got at least 9 days before these channels start showing up. And even if the 211's EPG went 9 days into the future, it wouldn't show that. Though as far as I know, the 211/411 only have a 48 hour guide like the rest, which means only 44 hours of actual guide data for the user. The 622 is supposed to have 7 or 9 days of EPG data, but it isn't even released yet.

I suppose this poll may be a little premature but dish made a business decision to restrict the new HD programming to only the new receivers and then to restrict access to those receivers. It will be interresting to see just how wise a move that turns out to be.

Last edited:
No not yet due to my local reseller has not got any 211's in yet. I'm hopeing he will get some end by the end of the month. He has a few 411's but no 211's yet som makes me wonder whne Dish will start sending those units out.

waltinvt said:
I suppose this poll may be a little premature but dish made a business decision to restrict the new HD programming to only the new receivers and then to restrict access to those receivers. It will be interresting to see just how wise a move that turns out to be.

I think Dish shot itself in the Foot with this one !!:D

dougruss said:
I think Dish shot itself in the Foot with this one !!:D
Maybe both feet. Hopfully these threads & polls will keep these issues in the limelight and let both existing and potential new subs know what's really going on.

Don't get me wrong, of the limited choices, Dish is still the lessor of evils but wouldn't it be nice if, for a change, Dish could actually evolve into more than that. For that to happen though, they would have to have a major internal house cleaning.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)