Why am I sometimes able to watch NBATV games?

acousticbiker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
I have AT100 w/locals. No Multi-Sports Pak. Sometimes I can watch NBATV games and sometimes I cannot. The games do show up on the guide all the time. Which also begs the question: can I watch the NBATV HD games if I have the HD pack?

I get the NBA HD stuff since I have:

1. AT180
2. Regional Sports PAK
3. HD pak

If you have AEP and the HD pak, you can also get the NBA games in HD.

-Mark

acousticbiker said:
I have AT100 w/locals. No Multi-Sports Pak. Sometimes I can watch NBATV games and sometimes I cannot. The games do show up on the guide all the time. Which also begs the question: can I watch the NBATV HD games if I have the HD pack?

I was wondering the same thing. I even checked my purchase info in the setup, and it lists the NBATV HD package, but the price is zero. For a moment I was thinking I ordered something by mistake. Or maybe it's like they do in hotels. You know, where you tune into a channel only to billed later for watching it :)

I guess we get NBATV HD free with the HD package. At least I HOPE we do.
Bubba04

I tried to watch one, it is said I had to order it, but the cost was $0. So I called to order as was told that I had to subscribe to NBATV to get it.

Funny thing was, I did see the first few games.

Yes I do have the HD pack.

kn6k said:
What channel are NBA-TV HD games shown on? I have the qualifying packages.
The NBA games in HD is supposed to be televised on the HD Events channel (9466), but I haven't been able to catch one yet. I was told the HD Pack does not include NBA-TV, so I subscribed to AEP to get it in order to view NBA games in HD.

Unbelievable, but I actually caught a NBA game (Sacramento vs Houston) in HD on ESPN-HD last night! It was the first true HD program on ESPN-HD that I got a chance to see.

Well, last night the NBA-HD channel was carrying the Mavs Vs. Trailblazers (I think...well I know it was Dallas for sure). However, as with other previous Dallas games, it said it was only available to those in Dallas. I live in a non NBA city...matter of fact...two hours away from the closest NBA town...so I figured I'd get it. Must be a Mark Cuban thing...

-Mark