Why are 4K Program Listings (Chs. 104-106) Missing in Guide ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mario315

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 20, 2008
Florida
I called DirecTV tonight to ask why program listings for Channels 104-106 are not showing up in the Program Guide.... They said that only 4K-capable receivers would be able to display those channel listings...
I have HR-24's and H-25's....

Does this make any sense ? Up to now, you could see program listings in the Guide for channels you were not subscribed to (ie. NFL Sunday Ticket, premiums, etc.).... And decide later if you wanted to add those services or not... Listings for non-subscribed services were not subject to what receiver you had....

So, how are 4K-potential customers supposed to get advance information on what is being offered before they make the 4K upgrade or not ? Not even in the Online Program Guide are Channels 104-106 showing up....

I can see them on my HR54. I don't have a HR2x or H2x receiver connected anymore, so I don't know if the presents of a certain receiver or having that model receiver on my account triggers viewing those channels.

So, how are 4K-potential customers supposed to get advance information on what is being offered before they make the 4K upgrade or not ?
Believe me, you (actually all customers) will get ads to notified that 4K is available, in mailings, email, the guide, on screen messages and ads inserted during commercial breaks in programs. Directv doesn't want to give you a reason to leave.

Reactions: mario315
I'm gonna guess that it's not showing because your recvrs are not capable of getting 4k, as for the examples you gave, ST, MLB ect, your recvrs Are capable of seeing.

I have an HR54, C61K, and two H25 receivers. Channels 104-106 only show on the HR54 & C61K. I'm assuming they're only showing on the HR54 for recording purposes. I can't view them on the HR54 (and yes, I know the HR54 isn't 4K capable itself).

When I look at the list of recordings on an H25, any recording that's 4K is labeled as 4K and also has a "universal no" symbol next to it indicating that it can't be watched on the H25. Same thing happens on the HR54 when viewing the list of recordings. The 4K recordings will only play on the C61K.

So based on these replies, is it safe to say that customers with a HR-54 (with or without the C61K and with or without a 4K TV) will be able to see the listings for Channels 104-106 ?

And customers with receivers BELOW the HR-54 will NOT be able to see those listings ?

Not sure about that because the 4K flag has to be activated on your account on the back end if you have 4K service. When I log in to my account I see "DTV4K" listed under my subscriptions (there's no charge for it). My guess (and it's just a guess) is that if your account isn't flagged for 4K on the back end you won't see the 4K channels, even if you have an HR54.

While there may not be a specific 4-k charge, I did read somewhere yesterday that you would need one of the "higher end" packages to receive the 4k programming. Perhaps someone else can chime in?

Yes. You do need Ultimate or higher. I already had Ultimate before getting 4K, so there was no change in pricing for me.

I had the same question about the 4K channels. I do see the 4K icon occasionally on a PPV movie while looking though ch 1000 but clicking on it just causes it to go black.

Does this mean that people without 3D TVs don't see channel 103? I have a 3DTV (only because it came that way, I certainly didn't purchase it for that!) and the 3DPPV channel shows up. ESPN3D and whatever else USED to be on ch 104-106 did, too. I have never thought to look on other TVs, I have always assumed everyone could see it but if you had a 3D TV, it would be white. If not, it would be grayed out. I haven't used 3D once since ESPN3D went away.

Searching 4K brings up a slide for "The Masters Amen Corner live in 4K UHD!" but there is zero mention that customers need to call and upgrade equipment or what channel it on!

At least there is no SD channel 704 Amen Corner... so people won't think their SD receiver on a HDTV is 4K.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts