Why are HD channels going out more often than SD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brodieb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Maryville, MO
There has been rain in my area for the past few days and my HD channels are out but the SD ones a working fine. I do not remember ever having this problem before, has something changed recently to make HD more sensitive?

Sounds like you're on a Western Arc setup. You're looking at 110/119/129, right? Anyway, all of the HD is on 129 which is a bit lower elevation than the other 2 sats. That means there is a lot more of Earth's atmosphere for the signal to flow through. More atmosphere = more rain between you and the sat in the sky. I dream of a day when Dish removes all SD receivers, SD channels, and spreads the HD love across all the sats (yes, I am kinda high right now..)

You might need your dish repointed if the signal is getting low on 129. You might post your signal levels to have people compare to see if they are low.

scroll through the transponders once your in that screen (menu 6-1-1)

make sure it says satellite 129. Transponder can be 17-32...transponders 1-16 are spotbeams for locals so most of them you may not get a signal. 17-32 is where the national HD channels are

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)