Why are the CSRs a total train wreck?

dishbd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Apparently when you tell the customer rep that you currently have the DVR Advantage with AT100 and you would like to "add the AT250 to the DVR Advantage plan" that means that they take you off of the DVR Advantage plan and switch you to the normal AT250, which now also means that I'm paying $15 a month for HBO rather than $10. And this was actually talking to a rep that is in this country!

This kind of thing has happened to me before and I'm about sick of it. I'm ready to downgrade to some low package, watch my NBALP that I unfortunately have already ordered, and switch to someone else at the end of the season.

Just venting! Thanks.

Let me know if you still having some issues and will PM you someone that might be able to help you out. :)

Sounds like a slam against India to me. Normally I'd agree but he said the CSR was in the US.

CSR's have a *high* turnover. They don't make but what $8/hr, your in a cubicle dealing with ticked off people all the time, constantly have new one's that you need to train...... so on, and so, on, etc.... we pay the price on more monthly charges we'd probably get long term knowledgeable CSR's that will actually stick with em.

I say just let us get on dish website and let us make our own changes.

Some stateside are great!

I just got done with a 722 upgrade, and had been dealing with a rep from "Executive Communications" after looking into the various options. Eric VanL..., (full name withheld, but some of you know him) is a prince of a guy. He always called back when he was supposed to, checked and double checked my account during the process to make sure everything was correct, and even answered e-mail in a timely manner. Having his direct number made it easy to reach him, too. Can't say enough good things about him, and this is how they should treat long-time customers like me!

sigmtr