Why are the VOOM Networks so bad?

I have always been a defender of VOOM until recently when they cut back programming to two or three shows a day for a 24 to 48 hour period. Monsters has been my favorite but, I have no more flesh to give. The Flesh Eaters need to find a new food source. What happened to the large library of movies and programs that VOOM had previously. Did they lose their rights to show them? I'll save 10 bucks a month until which time they beef up the network again. As for Universal, what do you expect, it's a clone of NBC (National Boredcasting Company). Money triumphs over viewer satisfaction.

Voom was one of the reasons I went with Dish Network originally. But to be honest, I haven't really watched much on Voom lately, as it seems every time I turn it on, it's a repeat. I generally watched Equator, Rave and Treasure... Treasure mainly for Elise Luray... I thought the show Chasing History Home was interesting, but haven't seen anything but repeats for months and months.

Given all Voom channels, HDnet, TNT, Discovery etc repeat twice as often.
Anamania, has many new shows, Family Room new shows, HDnews always new, Treasure, Gallery lots of new stuff just this month, Equator new stuff.
Come on you must not watch much and this type of thread is so over used.
Get clever find a new line to use.

HDnews has only 1 hour per day, run in a loop all day long, they have no investigative reporters, never run in-depth documentaries and have no capability to respond to breaking news with live on scene coverage.Not exactly new.I like the voom channels, but you cant use hdnews as a good example.It would be if Discovery showed the same dirty jobs for 24 hours, then showed a different one for 24 hours, etc.

I still like Voom. It's not as good as it used to be and seems to be in a steady decline but there is still plenty of stuff for me and my family to watch. Rave seems to still get lots of new stuff, like Jools Holland and Glastonbury, and I watch sporadic bits of the other channels from time to time.

The movie channels are still ok to me although I don't like the two movie rotation. I keep hoping that things will get better but I know that I am probably only dreaming...

I like the Voom Channels myself so I would not say they are bad. Also they have shows in HD you wont see any where else..

I agree. Watching Queen in concert with Paul Rodgers on Voom made it worth the money for me. Anyone with problems concerning repetition, see the history channel, Discovery, TLC, etc.....

torp

Do you guys honestly expect good programming with no commercials? Unless its a premium, you're expecting too much. I have no issue with Universal showing commercials.
I don't mind commercials during normal programming, but until recently the movies on UHD were uncut and no commercials.

Personally I dont like the direction VOOM has been going in, instead of adding stuff they are consolodating things.

To me Voom for the most part is now just HD demo material.

I agree, Scott. Do you ever hear anything about these channels? What direction they want to take them? It's like they were put on auto-pilot about a year ago.:(

The one I look for most is RAVE, and when Dish first got Voom, it was great. However, it got old fast and now most everything on it has been repeated countless times.

As for the other channels, nothing I would deem as a must have.

Scott and Richie backed me up! That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm just disappointed that the quality has dropped so quickly. What do you think about that now flamers!

I would agree with dissenters if I camped on the Voom channels all the time. But I check on the Voom channels 4 or 5 times a week so I almost always find something I had not seen before. My favorite VOOM channel is GamePlay as I am a gamer. But I enjoy the music, the travel videos, and always look for Seven Samarai in all it's B&W glory. I hope everyone enjoys Voom for what it is and hope it doesn't get downgraded to nothing. :)

HD News should copy the format of the now long gone All News Channel. They should pick up HD news stories from the many local news stations that have gone HD.

I didn't miss voom when it was taken away in from me in August and I haven't watched it yet since I got the new HD only on 2/1

I personally would like to see Voom become an HD version of the Encore networks.

HD News should copy the format of the now long gone All News Channel. They should pick up HD news stories from the many local news stations that have gone HD.

I didn't miss voom when it was taken away in from me in August and I haven't watched it yet since I got the new HD only on 2/1

I personally would like to see Voom become an HD version of the Encore networks.

Haha... the Encore Networks are like the Salvation Army of the Pay TV world, where HBO is Saks, Cinemax is Dillards, and Showtime is Macys.

I am not opposed to HD versions of Encore, but not until we see all 26 HBO/Cinemax multichannels, all the Showtimes, all the Starz and OK, Encore before TMC.... but come on... if given a choice Encore is at the top of your Pay TV HD wishlist?

Voom was one of the reasons I went with Dish Network originally. But to be honest, I haven't really watched much on Voom lately, as it seems every time I turn it on, it's a repeat. I generally watched Equator, Rave and Treasure... Treasure mainly for Elise Luray... I thought the show Chasing History Home was interesting, but haven't seen anything but repeats for months and months.
Same here... I just could not justify paying for both D* and E* anymore. The VOOM cahnnels were just not worth it anymore. So I got rid of E*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts