Why? blackout on SNY

Marty43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
Ogdensburg NY, Winter Haven Fl.
OK, I thought I was beginning to understand blackouts. But know what is going on. It is 4pm Sat. Aug12. SNY has a replay of preseaon game with Jets at Tampa Bay. I am blacked out. I live in upstate NY, I get Mets games ok. Anyone got a guess why.

Marty43 said:
OK, I thought I was beginning to understand blackouts. But know what is going on. It is 4pm Sat. Aug12. SNY has a replay of preseaon game with Jets at Tampa Bay. I am blacked out. I live in upstate NY, I get Mets games ok. Anyone got a guess why.

Probably because you're claimed by either the Bills or Pats as being in their area and not by the Jets thus the blackout.

Marty43 said:

Marty,

Blackouts are determined by the Teams and the Leagues. The NY Jets are NOT considered to be in the local Rights area for Western New York. Since that is the case the NY Jets Preseason games on the New York City RSN's are to be blacked out.

The NY Mets are considered to be IN Market for most of New York, only the Western Most Parts of New York State are OUT of Market for the METS. Buffalo and the areas South of Buffalo are considered in the Pittsburgh Pirates Local Rights area.

John

I think the fact that the game is not live but a replay is what also confuses me. Some of the MLS and MLB games also are blacked out on replays. I thought the idea was that you may go and see the game in a ballpark if it isn't on tv.

pdxsam said:
Probably because you're claimed by either the Bills or Pats as being in their area and not by the Jets thus the blackout.
That's correct.....Check on the NFL site and look for a zipcode lookup..There you will find which teams market you are in...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)