Why is DVR defaulting to On Demand?

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
We are away from home right now using DISH anywhere app. Tried to watch two shows last night that were recently recorded on the DVR. American Pickers and House Hunters. In both cases when we tried to watch the recordings it would only allow us to watch them via On Demand. We have a H3 running H333.

What’s the use in having a DVR if they are going to force us to use On Demand?

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Have you tried a H3 reset with Dishanywhere? What you are describing is not normal.

Reactions: lgb0250
Goody Goody!
Worked perfect last night but I might have found the real culprit, my wife. I had set her up a daily recording on one of her channels for three hours. On her own she increased it to five. Yesterday when I saw 15 episodes on the DVR, bells went off. I asked her why she wasn’t deleting them and she told me it was too hard for her using dish anywhere on the roku.

Will the H3 automatically switch to On Demand as the hard drive fills up? That could easily explain what was going on. Needless to say, I cancelled her timer until we get home.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Worked perfect last night but I might have found the real culprit, my wife. I had set her up a daily recording on one of her channels for three hours. On her own she increased it to five. Yesterday when I saw 15 episodes on the DVR, bells went off. I asked her why she wasn’t deleting them and she told me it was too hard for her using dish anywhere on the roku.

Will the H3 automatically switch to On Demand as the hard drive fills up? That could easily explain what was going on. Needless to say, I cancelled her timer until we get home.
You probably have your timer defaults set to 15. That can be adjusted from 1 to 25 or All. You can set that by going into Settings, Timer Defaults, Keep. I have mine set to All!

That's because you can't use a Roku!:glasses

Yeah, DA is not available on a Roku but it is available on a FireTV... Unless you are casting from an iPhone or iPad...
My bad. I have a Hisense Roku TV that I am using a Fire TV Stik with. After talking with the wife I found out she had set up another timer for one of her channels also! So, those two channels accounted for 150 hrs of recordings! I think my H3 just ran out of space and wasn’t allowing any new recordin GS other than what could be viewed via On Demand.