Why can't CS rep give me info about when I will receive help? ..or is this a ploy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BiebsTV

Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Yesterday, I spent most of the day trying to fix my R15 DVR plus receiver. It states when I try to turn it on that it is having trouble starting up. I am to unplug it for one minute, then try again. I've done this numberous times, including unplugging it for an hour (as suggested to another member here w/this same problem) and again, when plugged back in, it says it's starting up - but before it can finish (about 15-20 minutes into trying to start up), it goes back to the screen that says it's having problems and to unplug if for a minute... and so on.

I also read on this forum to try to restart it w/the red button and before it can do anything much, hit 0,2,4,6,8. This is did force it to go into a testing mode. All the tests said everything was ok.

So, out of frustration I finally called Directv. The CS rep said that they are aware of this problem and that what she could do was to take my information (which for some reason took this very long wait, till she finally asked my basic info such as address and what time the problem occured... that was about it). She said she would send this to the tech dept. They are working on a solution to send out for this (and maybe they already have it together). She couldn't tell me if they had the solution yet or not. She couldn't tell me if they would try to send something through to fix it that night, in a couple of day or if it would be a weeks!!

I don't understand the lack of communication and information given. I feel like someone is just "taking my information" and then nothing will happen. (Mainly because I had a different problem some time ago and when they couldn't find something to fix it, I was told that "they" would tell the tech people who would send something through although they couldn't tell me when it would happen, or even give me a call to tell me that something was tried. (How would I know when to decide that this possible solution didn't work???) Eventually for that problem, the head of the company that does service calls had to come out (after another tech came out and said he couldn't fix it) and knew right away by the sounds of the problem that it was the 3 lnbs that needed to be replaced. After he did that, everything was ok.

I feel like yet again, I'm getting the "run-around" from directv customer service. Am I? Or am I just suspicious because of the former problem I had.

Does Directv usually work this way? :rolleyes: How do I know that someone has tried to fix this? How long do I wait till I call back again? (She told me that if I called back to see if anything was tried, no one would be able to tell me if it was or not?) :mad:

Please tell me what I should do.

Thanks!

I'd call again and ask for a higher level CSR and then request that they send you a replacement receiver. It's obvious to me that the one you have has failed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)