Why can't I point a Dish 500?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ProWire

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Tennessee
Most of my dealers are selling more Dish than DirecTV right now (probably due to the economy), so I've started installing Dish. When I last installed them about 4 years ago, we had the superdish. Now the locals have moved from 105 to 110, so it's all Dish 500's. I had never installed one until the other day.

I line it up on the 119, peak the db, then switch to 110, peak it, then re-peak 119 just to make sure. I always get 99-100% @ 15-17db on the meter, but the receivers only show between 70-80 on average. What the hell am I doing wrong? I'm a little rusty.

Dish receivers had an upgrade a while back that "neutered" the meter. You wont see 100 or 125 signal on spotbeams

now 50 is considered good....I think 30 is minimum

Add about 35 points to the receiver meter. That what it would have been back in the SuperDish days.
Sounds like you're doing fine.

You're kidding... so if I hit 80, I'm killin it? Man, that's a load off my shoulders. I thought I was gonna have to go back and re-peak all those dishes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts