Why can’t you order the digital tuner and antenna off the dish website?

Dembinskij76

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2018
Centerton, AR
I’ve been trying to order the digital adaptor and antenna needed to get my locals since the Nexstar thing started. Each time I try it says try later. So now I am on hold hoping they can help me get it ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If anyone wants the indoor OTA antenna that Dish sells on their website, I have the exact same model antenna that they are offering. Dish sent it to me for free the last time we lost our local Fox affiliate, which is the same station we lost this time in the Nexstar dispute. The antenna didn't work for me because I am too far from the station to receive it. I will send the antenna for free to the first person who wants it. Just pay a small amount to cover the shipping. :)

Reactions: TheKrell
I finally got through. They said they would send us one in 3-7 business days free of charge. It was a 35 minute wait but worth getting for free.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Hopefully, that will take care of things. If u r too far, u may need a better antenna (as Crodrules mentioned here). I am fed up, too. Ordered airtv tuner and a roof antenna (which I will install in the attic :rolleyes:). Keeping fingers crossed.

Hopefully, that will take care of things. If u r too far, u may need a better antenna (as Crodrules mentioned here). I am fed up, too. Ordered airtv tuner and a roof antenna (which I will install in the attic :rolleyes:). Keeping fingers crossed.

For info, if it matters, the AirTV OTA tuner doesn’t do DD5.1 audio. Amazon’s Recast does but is locked into the FireTV ecosystem.

For info, if it matters, the AirTV OTA tuner doesn’t do DD5.1 audio. Amazon’s Recast does but is locked into the FireTV ecosystem.
I don't have the AirTV tuner, I have the DISH Lark tuner, and that Lark tuner does 5.1 just fine. I just tested it on an OTA channel. I went to the satellite channel first, listened and then looked at my AVR, and then went to the next channel which is OTA and it was exactly the same. If the AirTV tuner has exactly the same internal parts that the Lark does it should be equal.

Last edited:
I don't have the AirTV tuner, I have the DISH Lark tuner, and that Lark tuner does 5.1 just fine. I just tested it on an OTA channel. I went to the satellite channel first, listened and then looked at my AVR, and then went to the next channel which is OTA and it was exactly the same. If the AirTV tuner has exactly the same internal parts that the Lark dies it should be equal.

The AirTV boxes use the SlingTV app so it may be a SlingTV app issue since SlingTV’s streaming service is all stereo.

The AirTV boxes use the SlingTV app so it may be a SlingTV app issue since SlingTV’s streaming service is all stereo.
I also have an AirTV box along with an AirTV Mini and you are correct. Access that way only gets stereo. That, however, is different from the dongle tuner.

Reactions: pattykay
I also have an AirTV box along with an AirTV Mini and you are correct. Access that way only gets stereo. That, however, is different from the dongle tuner.

I talked to Sling and AirTV support today. The Sling guy was of no real help and sent me over to AirTV support. The woman I talked to said she would bring up the lack of DD5.1 on AirTV to the developers at the next meeting.

Currently I switch between the Roku Ultra and FireTV Cube since the Recast is just a better performer with its 2 week guide and DD5.1 support. Don’t particularly care for the UI on the FireTV though.

I can confirm the AirTV adapter is passing 5.1 through the hopper. Just got it today, hooked it up and sent the straight single through my AVR and it shows 5.1 and sounds like it too. Went to another channel to A/B what I knew for sure was 5.1 and same thing...all 5.1 as long as the source is 5.1. VERY happy with the AirTV adapter.

On another note, reagarding the heat issue previously reported. Right now the adapter has been hooked up for several hours and it’s warm, not hot. If it becomes hot I’ll try one of the power blocks I read about elsewhere. So far so good though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts