Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
They are too cheap to carry the NFL Network
They are too cheap to carry the NBA League Pass
They are too cheap to carry a real sports package
They are too cheap.

I hope you know what im talking about..
Will charter getting the NFL Network channel back? How about the NBA League pass?

I could go on and on with you about this as well. I disconnected everything but the internet and the dumbasses forgot to come disconnect my basic+expanded, so I get 2-99 FREE, not complaining, at least for local on the 8's.....and I am sure I am not the only one.....

now for new channels, they are just broke...no $$$ for that. I can remember in 1995 when I got cable, they used to add channels every month, and then when digital cable came out, it was almost bi-weekly channel additions, now they haven't updated the lineup in my are for over a year, I just got a letter stating they were adding 7 spanish channels and Starz HD and MTV HD and with that being said all the packages went up 100%! All digital tiers went from $5 to $10 a month, thats 100% increase and all the customer will see, as far as new services, is 2 new HD channels that they don't have the HD receivers in stock to supply with!!!

I HATE THEM!

Its not necessairly that they are too cheap. They have to work out contracts with these other stations.

You don't get a no-cable fee if you have just the HSI? For me it was cheaper to get the basic lifeline then to disconnect it all and keep just HSI. Plus with lifeline, I get all my HD locals and then some thanks to QAM stuff in the clear.

I believe Charter is the poorest performing (financially speaking--in terms of a really sound, well-run company) cable company out there. The last few quarters have been better than the last few years when they were biggest losers with a shaky financial future. Things were so bad, they had to bring in a new CEO, and Paul Allen looked a bit of the fool with Charter doing so poorly. I had Charter for many years and they stink to no end, and they are cheap--or is it the fact that they have earned less money than other cable companies mean they just don't have the economies to spend big $$ like TWC, et al?

I just need to build a credit history so i can get DTV or Dish Network...something needs to be done about this..

You don't get a no-cable fee if you have just the HSI? For me it was cheaper to get the basic lifeline then to disconnect it all and keep just HSI. Plus with lifeline, I get all my HD locals and then some thanks to QAM stuff in the clear.

Here in upstate SC, Charter charges you a higher rate if you don't sub to basic cable, channels 2-22; meaning I only have 5MB HSI with them at $66/mo. after taxes but if I had kept basic cable--I could have saved $3-4/mo. but I chose not to keep it because they were going to charge me $33 to send a truck out to trap it to basic cable, I asked how to avoid the $33 fee and the nasty CSR said to cut back only to HSI, meaning they would still have to come out and trap the cable, made no sense at all to me...but guess what? No one has trapped my cable and now I am getting 2-99 FREE for going on 6 mos. now. They have got to be the stupidest comany, because I am getting HSI+Basic+Expanded which would run nearly $100/mo for only $66/mo. so technically I have saved a lot and my $33.

I had basic cable internet installed recently. The installer asked me why I didn't goto the tap and turn myself on, I told him I dont care for basic cable, I have a dish, fella walked right passed it as he entered my pad.

I asked what my signal level's were, he said +2 on CH 2, and +16 up on like 450 MHz, obviously a bad line between the tap or a line problem at the tap or even a bad port at the tap.

I look at the fitting he left, nice and sunken, I replace and also find out he never installed a trap at the tap so now I'm getting basic cable as well.

I could care less for it.... last I knew Charter Communications has just over 5 million subscribers... IMHO not exactly enough to have special packages such as what you were requesting.

Though I'm sure I could be wrong.

They are more than cheap, how about unprofessional, lazy. It's no wonder they have financial problems, nobody works. I been calling them since last June. We have a new neighborhood where they came and installed all new fiber with the exception of the last 100 feet to connect to the trunk. I have talked to just about every manager, all the way through the Service Plus (LMAO) department. Every single person has promised to call back. I bet you can imagine how many calls were returned. "ZERO" I want the 10meg internet mostly but the rest of the neighborhood wants cable and internet. They probably would be doing well it they just got off their a$$e$ and worked.

I just wrote a reply to a post in the pub about this type of stuff concerning Charter, in Easley SC here so I am sure you get the same crap as I do seeing you are in the same area. In the pub I wrote how many calls/trips to the simpsonville office/services fees, etc. that I had accumulated. I hate them. I just hate them.

Oki my turn to gripe, I was fighting Charter to cancel service, called the call center to cancel, and were still getting the bills for service, since the move to Dish Network (a bit cheaper, and the rates will not rise as much Charter did).. those guys waited until 2 months of bills stacked up until they disconnected the service..

I just wrote a reply to a post in the pub about this type of stuff concerning Charter, in Easley SC here so I am sure you get the same crap as I do seeing you are in the same area. In the pub I wrote how many calls/trips to the simpsonville office/services fees, etc. that I had accumulated. I hate them. I just hate them.

Well, down here in Anderson, it only took 16 months for them to show up and here's how the conversation went.

Me: Hi, I’m really happy to see you guys. I have been trying to get you out for a long time.

Charter: Were glad to be here. We take pride in our service.

Me: (under my tongue, 16 months of it) so what's the verdict? Can I get my Cable and high speed internet? (Only really want 10meg Cable)

Charter: Well I installed this system three years ago. I just need to make sure everything’s ok before I energize it.

Me: Cool, yeah we have been waiting for a long time for this.

30 minutes later.

Me: How's it going? Can I get you anything? Water? Beer?

Charter: Laughs, well it's not looking good.

Me: Why?

Charter: All the lines are cut.

Me: How's that? They should be buried pretty deep.

Charter: Well whomever installed this didn't bury the cable to deep so they got cut when the put the driveways in.

Me: (under tongue, he said he installed it but they usually hire that out, hmmm)

Charter: I'll do my best but I'm out here on my own time trying to help you all out.

Me: (under my tongue, yeah right, out here working for free out of the goodness of your own heart and charter just let you use their trucks without any liability issues.)

Charter: Well, I don't think charter is going to spend the money to fix this. You will need to petition St. Louis to get them to do it.

Me: But the breaks are only 12 inches under the soil and not under the driveways. Why not just splice the line.

Charter: well we need to go somewhere else. Maybe we can get back in a couple of months.

Me: (under my tongue, Freaking lazy bastards #$%^N %&**^&(%^*&(%*($$&*$(*&(*&^)#$@#%^$#%@#$^@#^&)

I paid 100$ for all my premiums+ Internet service, great price, but S*** PQ and poor channel selection and really horrible when it comes to sports, and their tech support gets pissed at your and they think you are a dumb ***.
Well at least thats the way they talked to me..

Charters system allows too much spam, they need to do something about this..

I am stuck with Charter in Eastern CT, and quite frankly they are overpriced and hard to deal with. I only wish that cable companies did not have a monopoly with respect to local areas.

They could band together to keep Dish & Direct to keep from merging, but still I can't call up and order Cox, Comcast, Time/Warner or any other cable company I may want.

And that really sucks. My only hope is that someone buys Charter..............................

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts