why didn't you tell me the whole thing charlie?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jawja

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Well silly me. I watched charlie chat the night he said we could get the forced( if you want any new HD channels) receiver exchange for $49.99. Well hell, that ain't to bad thought I. So I pay the installer the $49.99 after argueing with him for an hour that it wasn't $100.00. Done. I thought. So a month latter I get the bill. I call dish. Bend me over dish say's my old contract is now void because I got 2nd receiver (I only have one receiver) so I start over another 18 months from the day he brought out the new receiver, my only offense being that I upgraded the receiver for $49.99, well not really now they tack another$6.00 per month on for receiver rent that I wasn't paying orignally. Oh yea, they decide to put the atlanta HD locals(the only reason I wanted any of it) on 129, guess what dish, I CAN'T HIT 129 FROM HERE, SO I DON'T GET THEM!!!!! Why not put them on 61.5, I have a clear shot to that, seeing how I AM IN THE SOUTH EAST ???? As for me and mine, we say SCREW DISH, well at least in 18 more months...............

I have been scratching my head at the Atlanta locals on 129 as well. Someone was clearly not thinking about that one at Dish HQ.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I have been scratching my head at the Atlanta locals on 129 as well. Someone was clearly not thinking about that one at Dish HQ.

What's wrong with having the Atlanta HD Locals on 129? :confused:

They had to pick between using 61.5, which is easier to hit from Atlanta, vs 129 & a D1000 one-dish solution. Two dish solutions are major pains in the neck, so I'm sure that given size of the Atlanta metro area, they would rather have a single dish.

If I lived there was was close enough to get my HD locals via OTA, I'd go with a 2 dish setup.

Tom Bombadil said:
They had to pick between using 61.5, which is easier to hit from Atlanta, vs 129 & a D1000 one-dish solution. Two dish solutions are major pains in the neck, so I'm sure that given size of the Atlanta metro area, they would rather have a single dish.

If I lived there was was close enough to get my HD locals via OTA, I'd go with a 2 dish setup.

I was told I was getting a D1000.

I talked Dish into putting my 61.5 dish back up. They are going to install it Sunday. I'm going to tell them to peak 110 - 119 on the 1000, forget what 129 peaks at... If this dosen't fix the problem - I'm going back to the Dish 500 for 110, 119...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)