Why Dish is losing a 10+ year customer

...my 622 goes into endless reboot loops...
I had the same thing happen to my ViP211k last fall, only I had the opposite experience of the OP: Dish sent me a replacement receiver in spite of the fact that they were aware that it was a massive problem affecting a lot of receivers. Since my ViP211k started working again, I shipped the replacement back to Dish, and I have not had any problem with that receiver since then. This was the third time that I have shipped a replacement receiver back to Dish because the original one started working again, and neither of those receivers failed again, either. (The first two times were a 501 and an original ViP211. The 501 is now obsolete.) Not to defend Dish's actions in the OP's case, but perhaps they changed their policy since my experience to avoid having to needlessly ship a bunch of Hoppers back and forth across the country, like they had to do with the ViP211k's last fall.

I'm reading it from a neutral island, having left satellite for Mediacom a year ago. It makes sense to me.

To each their own. I have had both Dish and Directv (multiple times), and these rants about something causing them to switch amuses me. Especially when they really don't have any meat in the argument. Also amusing when you think it is going to change with Directv...

I know three people with Mediacom around here, and none of them have anything good to say about the TV version. So, what does that tell you? Changing providers over something so unimportant really means you better get ready to change quite often because none of them are perfect all the time.

I think many of these posts are people that were looking for a reason to change before, whether it be discounts or freebies as a new sub elsewhere, and the rant makes them feel justified. If you actually pick a part the first post, it doesn't make any sense, regardless of what you say. You can shoot holes all in the rant.

Yup. It's just like buying insurance. All the companies suck and will screw you over. It's who will suck the least...

I know three people with Mediacom around here, and none of them have anything good to say about the TV version.

Mediacom service varies greatly from city to city. Des Moines has their latest and greatest, including TiVo service. They used to suck here, but not anymore.

Mediacom service varies greatly from city to city. Des Moines has their latest and greatest, including TiVo service. They used to suck here, but not anymore.
How good or bad they are is also determined by neighborhoods. In mine I was getting way too many audio/video glitches. The tech told me they knew about it and were going to change a node out. They decided to not do that, video/audio didn't get better, I went back to internet only with them.

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

Enjoy Direct and all the "different" ways they come up with to piss off customers.

Proves the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I found that out about 10 years ago when I had both services to try all the new hd channels that Directv had and DISH didn't back then. Never ,ever go back to Directv again.

Proves the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I found that out about 10 years ago when I had both services to try all the new hd channels that Directv had and DISH didn't back then. Never ,ever go back to Directv again.
I wouldn't go back to Directv until they lower their prices significantly.
Then, I wouldn't be opposed to it if the need came up.
I like the equipment incorporation options they have, I just don't like the upfront price you have to pay for the extra DVR receivers if you want them.
And I don't like certain fees that are implemented.
One year of promos, doesn't make up for year "2's" prices IMO.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I would go back to DirecTV if they:
  • added all our local channels, including sub-channels
  • reorganized their programming tiers so I wouldn't have to pay for one channel while not watching the other 30
  • wouldn't lose their signal during thunderstorms and snowstorms
  • made their dishes accessible so I wouldn't have to risk life and limb on my roof to clear snow and ice
  • improved their receivers to be responsive
  • lowered their price to make them competitive with Mediacom (never thought I would be saying that Mediacom rates are better than satellite!)
I would go back to DISH if they:
  • did all of the above, plus:
  • added NBC Sports Extra Time
  • kept their carriage disputes from always escalating to Defcon 1

• reorganized their programming tiers so I wouldn't have to pay for one channel while not watching the other 30
  • made their dishes accessible so I wouldn't have to risk life and limb on my roof to clear snow and ice
  • lowered their price to make them competitive with Mediacom (never thought I would be saying that Mediacom rates are better than satellite!)

So your purpose for posting this in this DISH SATELLITE forum is what?

I have Dish Network and my dish is about 7' off of the ground.

My Hopper 3 is very responsive. I don't have to wait for any time to go between screens,
shows/channels, start DVR programs.

I have all of the local channels in the Philadelphia, PA area with except the sub-channels of which I could care less. I do have my 2 TVs
hooked up to an external antenna and can, if I wished, receive the sub-channels.

I don't know anything about MediaCom but the last time I checked for what I have on Dish, America's Top 250 no premium channels, Dish Network
was cheaper than Comcast, not by much but cheaper.If I went to the America's Top 200 tier I would loose only 1 channel that I have watched in the past.

Maybe the following:

His 'conditions' like carry all the local sub channels are probably never going to be a satellite possibility, so looks like his purpose is something else to me.

I forgot to mention that he insists on changing the laws of physics as a condition of his return to satellite with the thunderstorm thing. Yea, that's gonna happen.

Extra time is in dish now. SD currently but it's a start.

There's DISH note in there too.

Yea, that you want them to change the laws of physics to work through storms and carry every sub channel in every OTA local market, among other unreasonable demands. Things that are impossible or are never going to happen.

If you're so happy with your cable service there is really no reason to come to a DISH SATELLITE forum and troll.

I think all that should/could be said on the topic has. We can all do what we want. Just best do it (if you have to share with a forum) with a little dignity.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)