Status
Please reply by conversation.
pokerguru said:
-Brighthouse Products and pricing
Individual services
Standard Cable $48.49
Digital Cable $56.99
Digital Cable with HD Service $56.99
~Eight HD channels FREE with Digital Cable (WESH-NBC, WKMG-CBS, WFTV-ABC, WOFL-FOX, WRBW-UPN, WKCF-WB, PBS, Discovery HD and TNT HD)

Also Available with HD Service
HD Pack $6.00
~Enjoy even more programming, events and sports in High Definition (ESPN HD; Universal HD, HD Net; HD Net Movies; INHD and INHD2)

The above is reference, I'm not promoting this service.

But if you want Fuel, CSTV, and NBA TV, which is part of D* package, Brighthouse charges you an additional $2.00 a month. But you do get the Tennis Channel, that D* doesn't offer. But the reason I dumped BH is because they don't even offer Fox Sports Florida, one of our local RSNs. Plus you they don't offer the RSN Sports package.

But I will say the BH has it all over D* or E* for movie networks. You can get all 4 Movie Networks added for $25.00, a month. Plus they offer many more channels. 15 HBO, 8 Cinemax, 19 Starz/Encore and 17 Showtime/MC.

So the BH bill would come to:
Digital Package $ 56.99
HD Package $ 6.00
Digital Sports $ 2.00
Total $ 64.99

My D* Package is:
Total Choice + $45.99
HD Package $10.99
Total $56.98

The basic channels vary a little between the two, but are pretty close. You do get INHD & INHD2 with BH. I wish D* offered them, but slim chance of that, as they are under the cable industry's control.

BH does offer more local HDs than D* will for this area, but for me it is not an issue, as I get 29 now with my OTA antenna. The thing I hated worse about BH was the grainy PQ, on the analog channels (Under 100 channels). On my HDTV set they looked even worse than on my SD sets.

For a sports junkie, like me, D* offers more and is less per month.

If you like the movie networks, Brighthouse runs circles around both D* & E*, 26 more premium movie channels than D* for $8.00 a month less than D*.

i understand what the guy is saying, with brighthouse, hd locals plus tnt and discovery, are part of the digital cable tier. for 6 dollars more for the hd pak, you get hdnet and hdnet movies, espnhd, and inhd 1 and 2.

so if you didn't sub to the hd pak, you would still get tht-hd, unlike with d*!

as someone who has had both, i can say bhn's pq is now as good, if not better than d*. all the analog channels are now digital. and the hd pq is much, much better.

and since nba-tv hd games are on inhd1, you get nba-tv for free and don't really need the digital sports pak. i pay $56 (for my digital cable cause i have internet with bhn) plus the $6 hd pak.

the only thing i miss from d are the regional sports nets, although i have been getting some orlando magic and tampa lightning games in hd from sun sports!

Last edited:
Stop paying your cable bill and see how long you continue to receive TNT HD. You are paying for it, so are we. We just pay for it on a different line item on our bills. the equivelant of "Digital Cable" on DirecTV would probably be TC+ is most cases, which is cheaper than $56.99. Plus, there's no outrageous box rental fees (yes, I know they're going to a 'lease' system on DirecTV, but there won't be any add'l box fees, and they won't be so insane...before I moved, my local cable co charged a REMOTE rental fee as well!)

So while you do get TNT HD "free" with digital cable with HD, after paying for TC+ with the HD pack, its still cheaper than your Digital cable package with their HD service.

Eric Goempel said:
Locals DO cost you. And the cost of my D* package with HDTV pack is less than I used to pay through Time Warner before I moved to the sticks. Out here the local "cable company" charged 50 bucks for 45 analog channels, no digital avalible and 10 bucks for ONE HBO channel, the rest of the premium networks were not offered at all. Plus at least 50% of the channels looked like it was snowing all the time. It was great to watch a NASCAR race be run in the snow!!!!

I have no problem paying for DH on D* I guess if it bothers you, do not order it. But most people who spend three grand plus for an HDTV do not mind 10 bucks a mounth for HD channels.

I have to agree with you on this. I am out in the county and I had to get a dish because my local Comcast did not even carry FX and did not have have line run for digital Cable till last year when they stated to me they would have it done by 2001. So I got a dish in the start of 2002. Now to get and digital channels I am looking at paying a fortune and I do not even have all the channels that I do with D*. Right now with Comcast being the only cable provider in my area and with me being in the county some of the extra fees would just kill me. I do not mind paying the little extra cash for the HD.

For a similar package cable is $69.94 plus franchise while DTV is 48.99 I think for the new TC+ so they should add it for free. Not to mention it would cost more for digital and DVR boxes for the month. I have no problem with cable other than the price. In fact cable has better picture quality and movie channel selection blows DTV away.

It all depends on where you are, here in PHX - the cable selection stinks. D* has more channel options, and the quality is better, and I HATE the scientific atlanta box.

I also agree, if your HD channels are "included" you are still paying for them somewhere., nothing in this world is free. Even a winning lottery ticket cost you $1

Cox cable says TNT HD is free, but only IF you have the Digital cable package. Kind like its free if you the the everything pack.

Nothing is really free, its in a package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directv 9S

Leasing Rumor/Info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)