Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tonedeaf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Rockwall, TX
Not sure how accurate this will be but from THIS LINK:

Lease Fee will replace Mirroring Fee for Leased equipment @ $4.99. Owners of equipment will pay the mirroring fee still. DTV will not replace owned equipment with leased equipment if replaced through their ERP/Receiver Exchange program.

The new Equipment Prices for Existing Custs to Lease:

Standard IRD: $49 w/1 year commitment
DVR: $99 w/2 year commitment
HD: $99 w/2 year commitment
HD-DVR $499 w/2 year commitment

The New Equipment Prices for Exisiting Custs to Own (will still be an Option):

Standard IRD: $149 w/no commitment
DVR: $249 w/no commitment
HD: Fuzzy on the Price don't want to give false Info w/no commitment
HD-DVR: $749 w/no commitment

(we were told these are the at cost prices so no commitment)

The Really Good news: Who Cares they will send out an equipment recovery kit at no cost when you are done with the equipment for each receiver.

The Really, Really Good News: For leased equipment No more installation Fees.

New cust Equipment is basically the same for Advanced Products, but it is still 4 Rooms Free and the advanced products are eligible for a $100 MIR across the board, only one per account, no matter how may advanced products ordered.

Also, replacement, repairing goes the same for Owned Equipment, Business as usual.

One Last Note: The Lease fee covers replacement of the IRD only, not remote, not access card, dish, wiring, just the Box. The Protection Plan will add in all of that coverge and will be just $5.99 for Standard and Advanced. No More $7.99. Current Custs will be eligible for the $5.99 rate with Advanced products on the account but you must call in to ask for it and if you are in your first year of subscribing to it you will get a 1 yr comitment to the PP at the new rate. Once out of existing 1 yr has passed you can change w/out the commitment at the new rate

DirecTV has a lot of former Dish Network employees running the comany the quality slide tells me a lot.

yes $499 to lease a HD DVR is WAY to much.

Now, would that be for the MPG4 HD DVR? if that's the case I'll jump the boat to E*! At least their fee is $299!

Scott Greczkowski said:
DirecTV has a lot of former Dish Network employees running the comany the quality slide tells me a lot.

yes $499 to lease a HD DVR is WAY to much.

what a bunch of bulls*it this is turning out to be.. somebody up there loves us.. just not sure who yet

I also have a problem with the mirroring fee charged to one type of customer and not another. I would suppect there will be a big uproar over this from existings customer who have paid alot of money for their equipement and get charged a mirror fee for each reciever and now new lease customer don't get charged that. I also don't see how that information can be accurate. You can go into any CC or BB store and get a R15 DVR for $99 today. No rebate or anything applied. That is the retail price. But this post says purchase them in the future for $249.

So, as an existing customer I paid $200to owe my HD DVR and now I'd have to pay $499 to lease it??? I'm glad my installation is not until march 5 so, if that's the case I'll tell them where to stick their HD DVr and the $499 fee!!! :devil:

Chris Freeland said:
$499 for a HD-DVR lease! And people call Charlie greedy and cheap. :D

so...let me get this stright...if this info is correct...for a HD DVR..im going to pay 499 and then a monthly fee?? How much better is D's home brewed HD DVR going to be better than Charlies new HD DVRs???? It also seems that Charlie has more HD than D esp with the old Voom channels? Seems like alot of cash to outlay to watch a few HD channels...

RB

emu1 said:
I also have a problem with the mirroring fee charged to one type of customer and not another. I would suppect there will be a big uproar over this from existings customer who have paid alot of money for their equipement and get charged a mirror fee for each reciever and now new lease customer don't get charged that. I also don't see how that information can be accurate. You can go into any CC or BB store and get a R15 DVR for $99 today. No rebate or anything applied. That is the retail price. But this post says purchase them in the future for $249.
What your missing is that the fee per receiver is just renamed under the lease. It is a lease fee now, not a mirror fee. Still the same price.

DirecTV subsidizes the costs of the receivers for BB and CC to sell them. Seems as though they won't in the future.

dcwebman said:
So if I understand this correctly, I should go out now and get an H10-250 instead of waiting until after March 1st?
wont work with mpeg 4..BIG WASTE OF MONEY

I made sure I OWNED my equipment so I would not be leasing it forever and having nothing to show for it. I will make the biggest stink in the world of they drop the mirror fee for lease and keep it for us owners!!!!!

There are enough people on this site alone to put a stop to this crap.

We need to get together and do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standard IRD: $149 w/no commitment
DVR: $249 w/no commitment
HD: Fuzzy on the Price don't want to give false Info w/no commitment
HD-DVR: $749 w/no commitment

I paid $999 for my first HD-DVR so I have no problem with the $749 which is what I would have paid for my second had I not used the infamous BB 50%-off TiVo coupon.

Eric Goempel said:
I made sure I OWNED my equipment so I would not be leasing it forever and having nothing to show for it. I will make the biggest stink in the world of they drop the mirror fee for lease and keep it for us owners!!!!!

There are enough people on this site alone to put a stop to this crap.

We need to get together and do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They're just renaming the fee. Lease fee/mirror fee. You wouldn't save money, other than what you pay for the receiver.

$499 lease fee is simply out of the question. I'd never, ever pay that much to lease a piece of home theater equipment.

The HD-Tivo will suit many people well...if they can get their locals OTA (that's my case).

If their new HD-DVR is anything like the R15, I wouldn't let them pay me to use it. The R15 is horrible!

herdfan said:
I paid $999 for my first HD-DVR so I have no problem with the $749 which is what I would have paid for my second had I not used the infamous BB 50%-off TiVo coupon.

Plus, let's not forget that that $799 is more than likely for the HD-TiVo, and DirecTV may offer a cheaper price on the HR20-250.

~Alan

Owners of equipment will pay the mirroring fee still. DTV will not replace owned equipment with leased equipment if replaced through their ERP/Receiver Exchange program.

Well, at least it looks like they won't be replacing the HD-TiVos with leased HR20-250s... that much is good anyway...

~Alan

juan said:
wont work with mpeg 4..BIG WASTE OF MONEY
I'm probably wrong but isn't the mpeg4 only for the D* locals? I can get HD locals OTA so that won't be a problem. I assume that the other HD channels like the new TNT and such can be viewed with the HR10-250 otherwise why have it HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts