Why do I get audio drop out on only one channel?

shortspark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
texas
I have a 622 connected via HDMI to my Onkyo receiver, then on to my projector. I live near Tyler, Tx. and I receive my locals over my antenna which is connected to the 622. I get audio drop out of about 1 second every 20 seconds or so on my local NBC station. No other sat channel or local OTA does this. Is there any explanation?

I have a 622 connected via HDMI to my Onkyo receiver, then on to my projector. I live near Tyler, Tx. and I receive my locals over my antenna which is connected to the 622. I get audio drop out of about 1 second every 20 seconds or so on my local NBC station. No other sat channel or local OTA does this. Is there any explanation?
Something amiss on the station's end.

That they fixed it..... I sent an email to dishquality from work today, by the time I got home today it was fixed....

That they fixed it..... I sent an email to dishquality from work today, by the time I got home today it was fixed....

Thanks, I'll have to give them a call but I wonder how they fixed it if it was a station problem? It sounds from your experience that it is a Dish problem.

I have this problem as well with one of my OTA locals. I contacted dish, and they actually sent me a new reciever. It made no difference, the new reciever did the same thing. In my area, we actually have a good station engineers that use the avs forum to talk to the local OTA users. The engineer for that station said it was not a problem on their end b/c I was the first he had heard of the problem. So, he blamed it on dish and the 622. I'm beginning to think he might be right.

I'd be interested if their is a solution to the problem.

(fwiw, my setup sounds very similar to yours: onkyo receiver, hdmi, rear projection. Before the onkyo receiver I actually had it hooked up through an RCA reciever and fiber... and had the same problem. I really do think it's an issue with the 622)

I have this problem as well with one of my OTA locals. I contacted dish, and they actually sent me a new reciever. It made no difference, the new reciever did the same thing. In my area, we actually have a good station engineers that use the avs forum to talk to the local OTA users. The engineer for that station said it was not a problem on their end b/c I was the first he had heard of the problem. So, he blamed it on dish and the 622. I'm beginning to think he might be right.

I'd be interested if their is a solution to the problem.

(fwiw, my setup sounds very similar to yours: onkyo receiver, hdmi, rear projection. Before the onkyo receiver I actually had it hooked up through an RCA reciever and fiber... and had the same problem. I really do think it's an issue with the 622)

It is the old "pass the buck" thing. No one wants to fool with a problem until it becomes acute and then its always easier to blame the other guy. I know I'll get the same "its not our fault" routine from both Dish and the local station.

Well, my logic (or lack thereof) says if it's only one station, it's the station or network.

Well, my logic (or lack thereof) says if it's only one station, it's the station or network.

I'm no expert, but I don't think that's exactly true. When I first hooked my 622 up to OTA, I was having miserable time with the signal on one channel. I'd have a signal strength of 100 and 2 seconds later it'd be down to 50. I contacted the station engineer and he said it was a documented problem with the 622 and they had contacted dish to try to test around it. Also, he told me other 622 users in my area were having the same issue. Well, after a software update on the 622 the station started working correctly. I contacted the station engineer and he said nothing changed on their end. Anyway, b/c of that it leads me to believe that it could be a problem with 622... not necessarily the station. I think this is especially true if, as my local avs forum has indicated, no other users with direct equipement, tivo equipement, etc. are having a problem with my station with the audio drop out.

I too was having this problem with my 622 ...except it was with local ABC channel. I live south of Houston and have a Onkyo receiver as well. I thought it was the receiver. I just upgraded to a 722 and attached and activated it yesterday. My problem seems to be gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts