Why do I have a DVR 510 ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
520? never heard of that model. is it a DVR?
The installer should fish the line if you pay him.:D

What more than likely happen if you ordered from a retailer is you might have go a refurbished unit that the retailer got back for a bad one. Or sometimes when they put a unit in and the customer decides they want to upgrade "in the 3 day period" the retailer can redeploy the old unit.

Van said:
When you order with the csr or sales rep thats the first contact and person you talk to to get what your looking for, when the tech comes out thats the second one you talk to about your equipment. If a tech ever puts in a used box thats not an authorized practice, the only time you would recieve a not new box is when you would get a reman box and a reman box will never look like its been around the block a few times. Ive run into a few situations where a shady sub dealer has installed used box's and charged the customer full price, so call up to dish about this, theres no telling what else they did wrong.

There is nouthing wrong with installing used equipment if it doesn't look used when your doing a lease. Its just like the cable company, are they required to give you a new converter when you lease their box?

Customers should always get a new remote!

The only time this is an issue is when the customer is buying the equipment and you either have to give them new equipment or disclose its remanufactured or used.

Question on the dual-tuner 522....
(I got my 510 last year, presumably before the 522 came out)

Does the dual-tuning capabilities mean I have to pay for 2 TV's, or is it just paying for 1 TV still with the capability to record one channel and watch another (a'la cable tv)?

If you plug it into a phone line there is no second fee. You can hook it to another TV or use it like you said. It even has PIP. But if you upgrade now you will get a 625 which is just like a 522.

Walker1 said:
I was given 2 510's from Dish with my 2 year lease. I find them to be extremely reliable and they are real workhorses. I had 2 HDTV receivers before the DVR's. They SUCKED! I love the pq and user friendliness of the 510's. AND Dish gave me a full 1 year credit on my acct. for the monthly DVR fee for both of them. Aside from 2 bad experiences with India I have been treated very well by Dish and the 510's.

I have a 510 which was just switched out of our main living room setup and was replaced with a VIP211 for HD. One thing you can say about the 510: It is a reliable receiver and the DVR is very trustworthy. It is my first choice for a non-HD, non-multi-room satellite receiver. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts