Why do I need a technician to install a VIP922?

You will need the ota module too if you want to be able to record 4 shows at a time. You can get one from either DISH or an online retailer like www.dishstore.net That and an ota antenna. As for the hard drive use by DISH , I know that the 922 has a 1 tb hard drive and DISH uses 500gbs of it for vod. The 722k has a smaller hard drive than that but I can't remember the size right now. But it is the same thing. DISH uses half of it. So you can record about 55 hours in HD on the 722k and about 100 hours on the 922.

If you want more hard drive space for shows , you can add an external hard drive to your 722k and pay the $40.00 one time fee for archiving to DISH and you can save any show or movie to the external hard drive for saving. You can add as many external hard drives as you want and start your own library. But it will only work as long as you have DISH. You can add up to 1tb or 2tb external hard drives to your 722k by usb port.

If you want sling feature , you can buy the sling adapter for $99.99 and plug it into the usb port on either back or front of the receiver and you will be able to sling just like the 922 does ,except it will work right. Depending on your internet provider and how much upstream and download speed you have .

The ViP722 can store 55 hours of HD, while the ViP622 can store 30 hours. An equal amount, more or less, is stored by Dish to rent out to you.

This is approximate, and seems to be based on MPEG-2 encoding. With MPEG-4 you might get, very roughly, twice as much. Each program is different, and some "HD" programs take up no more space than SD programs, due to poor PQ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)