Why do people bash Voom? It's great.

I recently scanned the local PBS station thru ota, after getting the guide info on the subchannels in Houston, I noticed that the PBS (KUHT) shows are repeated frequently throughout the week, again just not enough hd programming to go around.

Yeah, but you're not paying for PBS HD.

What's the VOOM channel that has fashion shows on all the time? Does anybody really watch that?

I'm a WorldSportHD man for La Liga...the others i really haven't touched...

What's the VOOM channel that has fashion shows on all the time? Does anybody really watch that?

I watched it for about 10 minutes one time. They were having some sort of bikini show or something. I don't know what exactly it was but I just know there were a bunch of hot girls walking around in bikinis, so I watched it.

I love some of the VoOm channels but I don't like some others..

These are all special interest channels so of course you won't like some of them but others will find very interesting.

For me, MonstersHD and RaveHD are my favorites. I sometimes find good stuff on Film Fest HD as well. I also like watching Flipper at times on FamilyRoomHD and for a quick peek at the news I go to HDNews for 12 minutes.

It is true there are many repeats and I wish more new content comes more often but in the mean time there are other channels than VoOm channels so I go there but some of the concerts on Rave won't get old for me for a very long time.

There are a few RaveHD concerts I haven't seen in a very long time.. I once saw my favorite band, Yes (see my screen name?) but I haven't seen that since last summer along with that Barry Manillo concert that my wife liked so much. Also since last summer. It seems like they are holding back on some shows on this channel. Bring that stuff back once in awhile.

Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins and Genesis are a few more of the concerts I like. That has been playing alot and it has not worn out for me.

I do also miss GuyTV.. especially the side shows with Martin Mull.

I don't think we should have less than 15 VoOm channels but I think there should be more new content and they should bring back some of the content from the original line up. Weren't there 32 VoOm original channels to start with before it came to Dish? There must be lots of stuff we are not seeing and we should be getting it all.

Weren't there 32 VoOm original channels to start with before it came to Dish? There must be lots of stuff we are not seeing and we should be getting it all.

I thought it was 21. I was not a Voom customer, but I'm pretty sure it was 21 original channels plus ESPN and others.

I never had voom except as a dish customer, but I do find myself spending a lot of my rather limited viewing time watching those channels especially Monsters, FilmFest and Rave. I wish the PQ was a little bit better - maybe when everything eventually migrates to M-4. I don't mind the repeats at all - it gives me multiple chances to see everything they offer, and some concerts are worth repeats. Re: concerts - I'm also big on FWM, Chicago, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, etc. I haven't seen Yes but that's one I'll probably set for NBRing. I'll even confess to a little Ultra viewing. I dig the chicks on the runway in short clips and I do like Reservations Required and Namaste Yoga. It's amazing that those yoga chicks seem hot to me too. They don't look that great, but it's what they do with what they have that counts! I watch them when I'm on the treadmill on weekend AMs - makes my suffering a bit more tolerable.

I'm guessing we're paying $10 to $15 a month for voom and all in all, I think it's well worth it.

Although VOOM isn't perfect, it is commercial free, other than the plugs for their own programming.

Can't say that for most of the other HD channels - ESPN, Universal, NTGEO, TNT, Food HD, HGTV-HD, etc.....

Do they still have that channel that's just a camera turned on a fish tank? I thought that was kind of a waste. I recall the redundancy, but it was still fun.

I miss Voom. Switched away from it about 2 months before it flipped to Dish.

Still there - it's the HD Preview channel. I find it kinda of relaxing (need to turn the sound waaay down!) and a lot easier than trying to maintain a saltwater tank...!

I, surprisingly, have watched a fair amount of the Kung Fu channel. They have played a number of the Akira Kurasawa films, which are some of the best foreign films I've ever seen.

Still there - it's the HD Preview channel. I find it kinda of relaxing (need to turn the sound waaay down!) and a lot easier than trying to maintain a saltwater tank...!
Where is the HD preview channel? I don't guess I have seen it.

I do not know about you guys but I am not 24 hours per day in front of my 3 HD TVs and still find that I have missed a ton of content from the Voom channels. I am trying to catch up from last year content. If we are going to speak about repeat, let's be honest and tell me which channel does not repeat? HDnet movies premieres 10-12 movies per month, the rest is repeats. HDnet does the same. TNT HD please let's not go there. UHD well you know that this channel should be taken off the air for all I care... this one should be called the mothers of all repeats. HBO HD tons of repeats and only 4 good movies per month... Starz HD and Showtime HD well basically the same. Discovery HD more repeats...

My point is that you cannot find one channel that does not repeat its content throughout the entire month. Unless you want the famous "paid programming" that NGHD does late at night, I prefer the repeats since it allows me to have a virtual DVR like someone already said. Given the limitation space of the 622, I welcome the repeats on all channels and many times I wished that the Networks would repeat their content because there is no time or room on DVR to record everything. So unless you are seating 24/7 in front of the TV, I tend to think that if you look at the 30+ HD channels as one unit that can produce various type of content that will satisify your taste at any given moment.

For those that do not think there is nothing new on VOOM, please check the HD programming, there is tones of stuff that have been posted every single month which is new.

I enjoy several things on Voom, especially some of the Country concerts, the kids love kungfu and monsters... They are not bad at all.

I was an original voomer, came to Dish for that reason. Let's face it, there are some interesting theme stations, they were there two years ago when if you were a HD junkie, there was no other choice. It takes time and money to create HD content, while SD content had been around for more than 50 years.

I enjoy the Voom package of channels very much.

There's almost always something interesting to watch within the package.

Some of those Kung Fu movies are a blast to watch with the kids.

I do miss VOOM now that I am with cable. While I wasn't a big fan of channels like Ultra and Treasure, there 15 channels offer quite a variety of material for different tastes, and there was usually something interesting to watch. As Sean pointed out...most of us aren't professional TV watchers.

Thought i'd chime in with my 2c..really enjoying Equator, Gallery, Rave, Filmfest and HD News. I havent had Voom for very long, but i love being able to put on Equator and putz around the house commerical free, and actually learn some stuff i never knew before. Very pbs-ish...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts