Why do people call Dish?

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I signed up satellite TV for the first time. I went with DISH because of the hopper. If this isn't noob question I don't know what is but what does DIRT stand for?

Thanks for the DIRT list. I've copied it for future reference.

I don't have any problems or questions for them right now. My new Hopper with Sling and new Joey are working beautifully. Man, that is one magnificent DVR system. The new OTA module is the most sensitive tuner in the house, too. Love it!

I likewise just did a Hopper upgrade with moves in my service address involved and DIRT TommyF and MaryB made it easy!

I'll call via phone, but I always ask for a US CSR (I believe USA CSR's are only during certain hours, but overnight is exclusively overseas CSR's) and I NEVER have a problem with USA CSR's. They actually know their stuff, and simple requests are handled in a very simple manner, and I get results. USA all the way.

So let me get this straight. If you have a problem I guess you should check with DISH first, either by phone or chat. If they can't resolve it you can contact one of the DIRT reps here by email and see if they can resolve it. Is this correct?

So let me get this straight. If you have a problem I guess you should check with DISH first, either by phone or chat. If they can't resolve it you can contact one of the DIRT reps here by email and see if they can resolve it. Is this correct?

i would just contact DIRT first

?You do know that they're in the USA right?

Well, I don't know about you, but at least 50% of the time I call I get someone who sounds like they're in a foreign country and they speak little or no English. The trick seems to be to select "cancel my service" and speak to someone in the Loyalty Team to actually accomplish anything on your account. Just my experience!

Personally, I do not like dealing with CSR's in off-shore call centers. Around my office, they are the butt-end of many a joke because we cannot accomplish anything when dealing with them. Not only that, companies who use them are taking an otherwise American job and giving it to someone who will work for less in order to save a dime and pad the wallet of an already overpaid CEO. Just my two cents! /endrant

Well, I don't know about you, but at least 50% of the time I call I get someone who sounds like they're in a foreign country and they speak little or no English. The trick seems to be to select "cancel my service" and speak to someone in the Loyalty Team to actually accomplish anything on your account. Just my experience!

Personally, I do not like dealing with CSR's in off-shore call centers. Around my office, they are the butt-end of many a joke because we cannot accomplish anything when dealing with them. Not only that, companies who use them are taking an otherwise American job and giving it to someone who will work for less in order to save a dime and pad the wallet of an already overpaid CEO. Just my two cents! /endrant

I completely agree that they sound foreign but I'm pretty confident that all of Dish's call centers are in the USA now. Just because it's in the USA doesn't mean that there are not any foreign language employees there. Call centers are usually populated with foreign speaking people, similar to cab drivers and managers of small hotels.

Not to get too off-topic, but the other day I had to call Comcast to ask about leasing a Docsis 3.0 modem. The obviously foreign CSR asked me four times if I was calling about an appointment. I finally had to yell at him "I AM CALLING ABOUT A MODEM." Then imagine where it went from there when I started talking about Docsis 3.0. It makes me want to throw my phone out the window! Thankfully, I've never had an experience that bad with Dish, but there is still a language barrier when you call Dish sometimes.

I have nothing against anyone who works hard and tries their best to earn a living, but companies just make things difficult for their own customers when they use off-shore.

I completely agree that they sound foreign but I'm pretty confident that all of Dish's call centers are in the USA now. Just because it's in the USA doesn't mean that there are not any foreign language employees there. Call centers are usually populated with foreign speaking people, similar to cab drivers and managers of small hotels.

They're not all in the USA. There are 11 in the US, but at least one in Mexico, and at least one in the Philippines. The Queens center in NYC has a lot of foreign speaking agents, specifically for language transfers to things like Russian and other European languages. Pretty sure the one in Mexico is where the Spanish transfers go to.

I can tell you, most of the call centers have people from the US who speak good English. Most of the crappy customer service a lot of folks here get is from the offshore centers. I'm pretty positive that nobody in the center I am in speaks another language, unless they learned it in high school or college.

They're not all in the USA. There are 11 in the US, but at least one in Mexico, and at least one in the Philippines. The Queens center in NYC has a lot of foreign speaking agents, specifically for language transfers to things like Russian and other European languages. Pretty sure the one in Mexico is where the Spanish transfers go to.

I can tell you, most of the call centers have people from the US who speak good English. Most of the crappy customer service a lot of folks here get is from the offshore centers. I'm pretty positive that nobody in the center I am in speaks another language, unless they learned it in high school or college.

I can believe there may be one in Mexico but there are not suppose to be any overseas any more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)