Why do recorded shows come up as already having been watched?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dhjean

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
West Palm Beach, FL
Whenever I select a recording to watch, the display shows either 0 minutes remaining or 2 minutes remaining. I always have to select to “start over” to watch from the beginning.

I would expect that if I haven’t watched a particular recorded show, “resume” wouldn’t be an option, and it would show the entire length of the show remaining (e.g., 30 minutes remaining for a 30-minute show).

Is anyone else seeing this? Is this normal?

Reactions: avediswolf
I haven't seen that issue yet on the Hopper 3. I did have an issue on the HWS that I would watch a DVR'd show and sometimes it would show that I only watched maybe 20% of it. I think it had something to do with how PTAT was deviding up the shows.

I think if you go to DVR > Options > Timer Defaults and turn off "Smart Prepare For Mobile", it won't do that anymore. It's not retroactive, but anything recorded after the change won't have the resume option unless you, in fact, have already started it at some point.

I think if you go to DVR > Options > Timer Defaults and turn off "Smart Prepare For Mobile", it won't do that anymore. It's not retroactive, but anything recorded after the change won't have the resume option unless you, in fact, have already started it at some point.
Sorry but that will not make any difference the shows will still be marked as "watched" forcing you to select the show so that you can select start over.

Thanks for the replies. I turned off the "Smart Prepare for Mobile" and will see if it makes any difference in the next few days and will await word if there is anything else to try.

Sorry but that will not make any difference the shows will still be marked as "watched" forcing you to select the show so that you can select start over.
My H3 was doing the same thing and it stopped the day I turned it off. Must have been a coincidence, but it's never done it since.

That "prepare for mobile" setting will only apply to NEW recordings, by the way.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I have seen that on the 4K Joey as well as the Hopper 3. Knowing this is how the interface works (for now?) I know that I can't press "|>" (play) to start playback of the program, but press "select" and then choose "Start Over".

I tested this. It, in fact, works. Every recording that I have made since turning off Smart Prepare now has Watch or Delete as the only options. If I do, indeed, watch a bit of a program Start Over and Resume become my options.

I too have this really annoying bug. All recording made to date are showing up as already watched. I will try the work around and turn off Smart Prepare. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

I hope Dish has logged this as an bug and it is planned for resolution. Amazes me that a bug this obvious was never found during testing and resolved.

Reactions: avediswolf and Hall
Do they claim to be watched by R00000000000....go into settings and disable smart prepare for mobile. If you are using the dish anywhere app make sure you don't hit "ok" when a popup comes up for making shows available in the app, this will turn smart prepare back on, you need to cancel out of the message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)