Why do some people here put down/are afraid of the Dish Prepaid Service?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

STEELERSRULE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2007
NW Pennsylvania
It seems to be that way, at least in some posts.

The post won't be like:

1. The prepaid system doesn't offer any local channels because all you have to give is zip code
2. The prepaid system is only availble in 1 room at this time(only the DP301 or Phillips 3900 are refurbished prepaid boxes)
3. No HD or local sports channel(this is obviously due to just giving a zip code which affects this and the local channels off spotbeams). EVEN I HATE THIS BEING A SPORTS FAN
4. No PPV

I am not saying it is perfect.

What system is?

If one system was perfect, there would be no cable, dish, directv bashing going back and forth.

But it seems like when someone posts against it, it is almost VITROL HATRED.

Especially from retailers.

I hate to say it, but some posts are, in a way, BIGOTED.

The system was put out for people with little or no credit, or people with little income.

And this point is STRONGLY made people who are against it.

It is called the DISH NO!/YA! service, and those against it STRESS that is meant for people who are "DREGS"(their words, not mine) of society.

Like I said, bigoted.

I am not a credit risk.

I have a pretty decent income.

It is actually the first(and ONLY) A La Carte system available to the public.

Pay for what you want(granted the channels in the AT are in bundles), when you want it.

Stop and Go as you please.

Nobody else can offer that.

But alo people seemed scared/angry about that, and I wondered, WHY?

Isn't this the beginning of what alot of consumers want, and companies/conglomerates that control cable/satellite want to avoid?

i rate prepaid dish right next to prepaid cell phones. at one time when i did not use the cell phone much and had my vonage phone, i had a t-mobile prepaid, would buy a 100.00 card(worth 1000 minutes) like once every three months, and had all the minutes that i would need. granted i dont talk that much anyways, so worked great for me. i think dishnow/ya might be good for a lot of people who perhaps may not use tv that often. perhaps at the vacation home, or even the motorhome would be a great option. i know missing the locals or the rsn's is a drag. wouldnt it be nice if the 381 reciever was used for dishnow? it does after all have the ATSC digital tuner in it that can scan locals from ota right into the guide. that would solve a lot of local channel issues for people within ota range.

i found one website selling a dishnow reciever, dish 500w/lnb and a 40dollar start up card for only 124.99. (they are not a sponser/client satelliteguys.us so i will not disclose their name/website). seriously, thats pretty damn cheap for a reciever and a dish500 kit. we have a family vacation home in branson, and i think i am going to get one for it. then whoever uses it can just use their own prepaid card for it.

The biggest drawback I can see is no locals available. The second and third largest drawback would be no multiple tuners available and no DVR options either.

It seems to be that way, at least in some posts.

The post won't be like:

1. The prepaid system doesn't offer any local channels because all you have to give is zip code
2. The prepaid system is only availble in 1 room at this time(only the DP301 or Phillips 3900 are refurbished prepaid boxes)
3. No HD or local sports channel(this is obviously due to just giving a zip code which affects this and the local channels off spotbeams). EVEN I HATE THIS BEING A SPORTS FAN
4. No PPV

I am not saying it is perfect.

What system is?

If one system was perfect, there would be no cable, dish, directv bashing going back and forth.

But it seems like when someone posts against it, it is almost VITROL HATRED.

Especially from retailers.

I hate to say it, but some posts are, in a way, BIGOTED.

The system was put out for people with little or no credit, or people with little income.

And this point is STRONGLY made people who are against it.

It is called the DISH NO!/YA! service, and those against it STRESS that is meant for people who are "DREGS"(their words, not mine) of society.

Like I said, bigoted.

I am not a credit risk.

I have a pretty decent income.

It is actually the first(and ONLY) A La Carte system available to the public.

Pay for what you want(granted the channels in the AT are in bundles), when you want it.

Stop and Go as you please.

Nobody else can offer that.

But alo people seemed scared/angry about that, and I wondered, WHY?

Isn't this the beginning of what alot of consumers want, and companies/conglomerates that control cable/satellite want to avoid?
If you buy your own receiver and Dish. You can get regular Dishnetwork service ,and you can stop and go as you please as well ,with all the benifits. Not just limited services.

That is a huge benefit with this box, start and stop as you like. This is great for those that just want to watch a movie once in a while and no fees for downgrading/changing your channels.

I wonder if the card swap is going to impact these boxes? Will these need a new card or will the whole box need swapped? How would that work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts