Why do they want to charge me $99?

fenwah

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
I am moving. My old house has a SuperDish. My new house has a SuperDish. Why do they want to charge me $99? They want to send a technician out...for what? The frickin' equipment is already there.

Just call for an address change then? Nothing more. Correct.

I'm in that SBC (now AT&T bundle). My phone number is not changing. I think what I'll do is give it a try first without calling...since I have already switched over my phone and DSL with AT&T. Don't they track the receivers through the phone line anyway? If my number's not changing, will they really even know. I pay my bill to AT&T...not Dish.

Last edited:
what i would do, is go to the new house, and hook up your equipment... make sure everything works
Make sure there is lines running to where you want the receviers, and that once you get them hooked up right, that when you run the check switch everything works right.
Then call and change the address. That way if the previous owners swiped the switch, or you have a bad LNB or whatever, you would still be able to do the DishMover.

fenwah said:
I am moving. My old house has a SuperDish. My new house has a SuperDish. Why do they want to charge me $99? They want to send a technician out...for what? The frickin' equipment is already there.
\Intersting....
I had a dish mover w/o ..I precalled the cust..he sai dht ey had just moved in and there was a dish there..The guy hooked up his receiver to the existinf dish.. I had him go thru soem TP's on both sats..From what he told me. the sigs were good...So I said if he instisted, he could cancel the w/o..He did that by calling Dish...Perhaps you could do the same thing....Good luck.

I didn't have any luck getting my receiver to work with the dish. I refuse to go to cable...so I guess I'm stuck. I really want to get a HD DVR...but the wife refuses to let me get one. I just need one before football season starts in September.

fenwah said:
I didn't have any luck getting my receiver to work with the dish. I refuse to go to cable...so I guess I'm stuck. I really want to get a HD DVR...but the wife refuses to let me get one. I just need one before football season starts in September.

This is why they insist on sending out a tech, you hooked it up and it didnt work and I see this about half a dozen times a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts