Why do we stay with Dishnetwork????

No I am just trying to spread the good news.

I think that this is a fantastic deal and I want everybody to hear about it. Mark is super to work with and the trade -ins are really a cool feature to add for those who want to upgrade to a newer receiver. Plus No Tax on out of Florida residents is sweeeeeet!

The funniest thing is I keep seeing people who say they can't get the 721 upgrade deal all over these web boards ,so to them is whom I address these messages to.

But I agree I think that this will be the last time I post this. To everyone else your on your own. ;)

Get over it

I came here trying to locate a remote for my Dishplayer 7222 and find this junk. Please, I pay $56 a month for the HBO package, the TC100, and extra receiver. My local cable company wants $85 for the same digital programming. I have more than enough programming and I love the 7222 player. It has the PVR functions and I haven't had any problems yet(3 yrs old). All this HDTV stuff is ridiculous. Get a life. Go do something productive and quit watching so much TV.

Quit Whining, it's unbecoming

Here's why I stay with Dish Network:

1. I am getting a much better picture

2. I am getting more channels at a better price

3. The 510 is a far superior DVR to anything the cable company offers

4. I get extraordinary value for my dollar, With my local company here, I get cable with more channels, DSL that is faster than my cable modem was, local and long distance phone service, and wireless phone service for a lot cheaper than what I was paying the cable company for less and less quality service.

5. Dish just added 61 SIRIUS radio channels to my package at no additional charge.

I think that many people here often are guilty of hubris, use far too much hyperbole, and obviously are far too concerned with the every move of a satellite company. Business really is in business to make money, not to personally satisfy your every desire with reckless abandon and no thought to the bottom line.

IMHO,

Mike :)

dnmparis said:
I came here trying to locate a remote for my Dishplayer 7222 and find this junk. Please, I pay $56 a month for the HBO package, the TC100, and extra receiver. My local cable company wants $85 for the same digital programming. I have more than enough programming and I love the 7222 player. It has the PVR functions and I haven't had any problems yet(3 yrs old). All this HDTV stuff is ridiculous. Get a life. Go do something productive and quit watching so much TV.

If you need a remote, why don't you go look on Ebay A$$HOLE.
We don't need someone who's first post ridicules what we have an interest in. Apparently, you're not very productive either since you took the time to read this thread and write such an unproductive post. If you think it's such a waste of time, why do you watch ANY tv? Oh, HBO is okay, I see. As to your "HDTV stuff is ridiculous" comment, are you watching your HBO package on a black & white tv? Because if everyone had your attitude about it, we would all still be watching I Love Lucy on 10" round, b&w screens.

SAEMike said:
Here's why I stay with Dish Network:

1. I am getting a much better picture

2. I am getting more channels at a better price

3. The 510 is a far superior DVR to anything the cable company offers

4. I get extraordinary value for my dollar, With my local company here, I get cable with more channels, DSL that is faster than my cable modem was, local and long distance phone service, and wireless phone service for a lot cheaper than what I was paying the cable company for less and less quality service.

5. Dish just added 61 SIRIUS radio channels to my package at no additional charge.

I think that many people here often are guilty of hubris, use far too much hyperbole, and obviously are far too concerned with the every move of a satellite company. Business really is in business to make money, not to personally satisfy your every desire with reckless abandon and no thought to the bottom line.

IMHO,

Mike :)

The very same points apply in my situation as well. Adelphia is just about the worst cable company one could hope to have, at least in my area. In fairness the system for the area in which I live was purchased from another company about 6 years ago and they ran it into the ground. Adelphia was just beginning a complete system rebuild when they got into financial trouble. Now that the rebuild is complete their system works well for what it is. There is finally high speed internet in my area but there is still no HD available (OTA works great though!) They also WAY overpriced for what you get - they really are in it to make money. Dish and DirecTV combined have at least 50% penetration in my neighborhood! :D

1. WPIX for Mets games @ $1.50/mo.
2. Early Termination Fee of $240
3. Sirius Music Channels for FREE
4. Better value than comparable Comcast service.

Reasons I will consider switching to DirecTV at end of contract:
1. Better hardware than Dish.
2. One dish for all channels, including locals.
3. TC/Locals is a better value than AT120/Locals.

Why do I stay?

HBO Comedy, Showtime Beyond, Superstations, West Coast feeds of broadcast channels to go with my New York Locals, HD Channels, and now........ 60 channels of Sirius at a quality I didn't think possible......

And I can record them on my 921.......

When my fledgling company was young...and I was the only technician...I strived for 100% satisfaction. Easy to do when only doing 5 jobs per day and 25 per week. Also, I could go satisfy those difficult customers myself and save the labor...didn't have employees.

Now days we do 40 jobs per day and 200 per week. I still strive for 100% satisfaction but I am not naieve (spelling?) enough to believe that I can achieve it. There are many people in the world that will be unhappy for whatever reason....even if you do the right thing for them. I used to worry about it...now I do what I can and if it isn't enough...I lose them as a client. I concentrate on the profitable clients....no complaining arbitrarily...no calls on weekends for "fantasy" emergencies...etc.

As a company I have to turn a profit or my family will not eat. As a company, E has to turn a profit or their shareholders get pissed.

I don't necessarily think it is a good idea to alienate your clients...however it can be unavoidable at times. We will never know for sure if the 811/921 were released prematurely...we just have speculation and opinion. But...in the end, Charlie will do what is best for the company and it's profitability.

I would guess that a vast majority of subscribers are very happy with E, partially because they are oblivious to new technology and are just happy to get a picture when they turn on the tube...these are profitable clients. The rest of us are profitable as well...but not enough so to get them to make moves that will make then un-profitable.

Just an opinion.

GaryPen said:
1. WPIX for Mets games @ $1.50/mo.
2. Early Termination Fee of $240
3. Sirius Music Channels for FREE
4. Better value than comparable Comcast service.

Reasons I will consider switching to DirecTV at end of contract:
1. Better hardware than Dish.
2. One dish for all channels, including locals.
3. TC/Locals is a better value than AT120/Locals.

Honestly, if DirecTV were an option up here, I would be with DirecTV if for nothing else, the NFL Network and the NFL package.

Because it's the future?

AJF said:
I've been a customer for about 5 years and have always been very happy with E*, but lately even I have been voicing my dissatification with all that's been going on with Dish. Yet, I stay and I don't know why. I read the D* threads and they're all Tivoing away with few problems, and yet I still don't jump ship.

Why do you other Dish customers stay????

I have had the same thoughts and I really don't know what it is but, I think and hope, that E* comes up with an angle that will blow the competition out of the water. They have had to do it in the past and I am always thinking that they may do it again. And we keep hoping, and hoping,and hoping, and maybe someday they will do it. It may not be today, or tomorrow, but sometime in the near future, they will get it back again. I think that's what keeps the magic in E*. The "David" may still come out on top.

BobMurdoch said:
Why do I stay?

HBO Comedy, Showtime Beyond, Superstations, West Coast feeds of broadcast channels to go with my New York Locals, HD Channels, and now........ 60 channels of Sirius at a quality I didn't think possible......

And I can record them on my 921.......
i,m on the west coast how do i get new york broadcast feeds?

When my C Band system died last december, I had two options; E* and D* (cable does not serve my rural area)

Back then, D* considered Puerto Rico as part of latin america and as such, their programming was more latin-america centered. But they didn't offered the channels I watch the most (History, Sci-Fi, Comedy Central, Discovery in english). Don't know if they still have this policy or not...

E*, on the other hand offered me what I like for a *very* good price. Granted I pay $4,95 extra for the 510 but that's still less than the $9,95 D* charges for their basic tuner.

All in all, I've been very happy with E*... So happy, I've had 2 friends drop cable for E* and they're very satisfied customers too. :)

yellowdragon said:
E*, on the other hand offered me what I like for a *very* good price. Granted I pay $4,95 extra for the 510 but that's still less than the $9,95 D* charges for their basic tuner.
Does DirecTV have a different pricing scheme in Puerto Rico? They don't have any $9.95/mo basic tuner fee in the continental US. They do have a $5 Tivo fee, similar to Dish. But, that covers ALL of the DirecTivos on the account, unlike Dish's PER DVR fee.)

Yes, DirecTV has a different pricing scheme here. Right now they have an offer where new customers don't pay the $9,95 tuner fee for 6 months.

Dish, on the other hand, offers us the same promotions available to you guys in the mainland... Maybe a bit better...

When I subscribed, Dish offer was complete installation for $49 for up to 3 301 receivers or a 510 and 2 301's, $49 credit on the first bill and 3 months of free HBO/Cinemax. I got to upgrade to a 510 for $99 a day before if went town to $79...

Aw well...

HDNET sound level

DHA or Free Dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)