Status
Please reply by conversation.

cebbigh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2005
Frostbite Falls
Is speed the only difference between the HR24 and the earlier models?

The only complaint I have with either my HR20 or HR21 is that DIRECTV has never corrected missing HD channels in the interface between FAVORITES and FILTER THE GUIDE (HGTV, COMHD, LIFEHD, HDTH, HDN, ABCFHD, HLMKHD still missing last time I checked). Yes the units are slow, but I don't mind that too much. I have 1TB external hard drives so recording space is not an issue.

So many people here are happy with the the HR24. Is speed the only difference or are there other changes that make you more happy with the HR24? Is it that much better that it's worth getting locked into a new 24 month commitment?

I had Direct several years ago and had the HR20. Very slow compared to the HR24. Other than the speed, I can't remember too much difference. if there is a Best Buy near you, you can test drive the 24. I did that before I switched totally from Dish and do not miss my VIP's one bit.

If speed is the only difference I don't really mind the models I have. Generally when I change channels I just hit the pause key and wait for the picture to adjust.

I wonder why it's so hard for them to straighten out the guide issue? It seems so simple.

Jimbo said:
BB's no longer have them in stock, they took them away several months ago.

Local BB had it use for demo. Still up this past week.

Speed. I'm using MRV, and along with the TiVo, it's my main method of watching live and recorded TV. The HR22 is painfully slow with an AM21 attached, especially when it's recording two programs at once, and the HR24 MRV trick play is more responsive. To me, it was a worthwhile upgrade.

With the last software update to my HR23, the HR24 is looking better and better.
Getting through the menus on the HR23 has really slowed down.

We'll see what happens with the next update, whenever that might be.????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)